Behold! The backwards logic of abortion proponents
It's the conservatives, not leftists, who are fighting for children's rights.
Efforts to defend life from the earliest possible moment by Republican legislatures are gaining national attention. Pushing back against the dominant leftist, anti-life, anti-woman agenda, Republicans are making enemies as they work to shield children and women from the horror of abortion.
Anti-life activists conveniently ignore these realities when they make their advocacy.
Meanwhile, states with Republican legislatures are passing laws that reduce the term and conditions under which abortions may be legally performed. They are also passing important protections for women requiring abortion providers to meet minimum standards for safety and access to emergency facilities in the event of physical complications. Free-of-charge ultrasounds are also being offered.
Meanwhile, abortion advocates want free abortions on demand, paid for with public money, and without regard for any safeguards or reason. This defies the logic that abortion proponents have women's safety in mind and strongly suggests the rabid defense of the practice is something other than what is being publicly stated.
While most abortion proponents claim, and likely believe dogmatically, that this is an issue about rights, the logic doesn't wash.
Instead, the reality suggests that abortion is an issue of the extreme left, a manifestation of quiet agendas. Agendas such as the UN Agenda 21, racial discrimination, and building a class of women who are dependent on chemical injections, pills, pop-psychology cures, that will vote for leftists who advocate compelling the rest of society to pay for these services among a host of others.
The latest bill to gain national attention is the one proposed in Texas. That bill, supported by Gov. Rick Perry, and Rick Santorum was stonewalled with a filibuster by Democrat Wendy Davis. Davis has gained notoriety and fame for her efforts, with leftists even praising her choice of tennis shoe, which permitted her to stand throughout her entire filibuster.
In North Carolina, the passage of a bill protecting children and women was criticized by Democrat Kay Hagan, who referred to the bill as a "sneak attack." Naturally, it was anything but. It was publicized and debated like any other bill.
However, those on the left have taken control of the rhetoric and language in the media and use this to persuade the rest of society that this is an issue about women's rights and freedom. In one sense, they are correct: this is an issue centered on women's rights and freedom. However, they are focusing on the wrong women.
The rights and freedom of the unborn are where the focus should be, and not just on unborn girls, but boys too. This is a children's rights issue. It is also a safety and healthcare issue, as abortion is an invasive procedure involving women. Many contraceptives also require the expensive, habitual consumption of chemicals.
Restricting abortion, safeguarding women who still choose to undergo them, and fighting against chemical sterilizations and the libertine use of abortifacients, protects women and their "right to choose."
For with few frank exceptions, all women have the "right to choose." It exists in the time before a women takes a man into her bed and joins him in sexual congress.
Who doesn't get the right to choose?
And who's striving to deprive them of their choice?
You guessed it.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Marriage & Family News
- Study proves abortion causes breast cancer, so where's the headlines?
- Very poorly planned - Planned Parenthood center opens abortion clinic next to adoption center in Fort Worth
- Christian organization recognizes couple, married 81 years and counting!
- Young teens, girls age 11-14 sending sexually explicit photos on the rise, laws may change to accommodate them
- Albuquerque voters reject late term abortion ban, but there's one thing you need to know
- Supreme Court checks abortion advocates, won't overturn Texas law
- Did you know Albuquerque is a Mecca for late-term abortion?
- MIRACLE IN TACLOBAN: Baby born amidst typhoon wreckage
- Disappeared: Missing teenager turns up in Mexico - with husband, kids
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?