What child is this? Cute little boy hugs Pope Francis during papal address
Papal address was on the importance of the family and was attended by children.
Pope Francis got an unexpected surprise yesterday when a little boy wandered onstage during a papal address.
Pope Francis acknowledged the little boy, rubbing his head for a second as the child clings to his side.
As the Pope spoke, the young by took the stage and began waving and clinging to the Holy Father. Cardinals tried to lure the boy away, at one time apparently offering candy which the boy accepted, but still refused to leave.
The young boy clung to Pope Francis unwilling to depart.
Pope Francis acknowledged the boy, but continued his address. At the end of the address Pope Francis prayed with a man, possibly the boy's father, as footage reveals the boy bringing a girl onstage to join him.
In a sense, many of us are like that little boy, taking delight in our Church and in our Holy Father, who inspires and reassures us all. Like the clever boy, we wouldn't sacrifice either our Faith or our beloved Pope, not for all the sweets in the world.
The boy wandered about the stage as the Holy Father delivered his address.
The child's antics amused all.
He just clung to his side and refused to leave.
Not even the offer of candy persuaded the boy to give up his moment with the Holy Father.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- GRAND OPENING: Catholic Shopping .com is now open for you. Browse today!
- Pope Francis: Fasting 'chips away at our security and, as a consequence, benefits someone else'
- Medical experts confirm miracle attributed to Archbishop Fulton Sheen
- Pew study suggests 'Pope Francis Effect' is a myth
- What will your Lenten Pledge be?
- Pope may visit China this summer, says China and the Vatican are 'close'
- Francis: 'I carry crucifix I took from dead priest.'
- Pope Francis says papal summer residence gardens be opened to the public
- Pope Francis makes special plea, but will any Catholics really listen?
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?