What child is this? Cute little boy hugs Pope Francis during papal address
Papal address was on the importance of the family and was attended by children.
Pope Francis got an unexpected surprise yesterday when a little boy wandered onstage during a papal address.
Pope Francis acknowledged the little boy, rubbing his head for a second as the child clings to his side.
As the Pope spoke, the young by took the stage and began waving and clinging to the Holy Father. Cardinals tried to lure the boy away, at one time apparently offering candy which the boy accepted, but still refused to leave.
The young boy clung to Pope Francis unwilling to depart.
Pope Francis acknowledged the boy, but continued his address. At the end of the address Pope Francis prayed with a man, possibly the boy's father, as footage reveals the boy bringing a girl onstage to join him.
In a sense, many of us are like that little boy, taking delight in our Church and in our Holy Father, who inspires and reassures us all. Like the clever boy, we wouldn't sacrifice either our Faith or our beloved Pope, not for all the sweets in the world.
The boy wandered about the stage as the Holy Father delivered his address.
The child's antics amused all.
He just clung to his side and refused to leave.
Not even the offer of candy persuaded the boy to give up his moment with the Holy Father.
A birth foretold: click here to learn more!
© 2013, Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Catholic Team Global - One child dies every 10 seconds from hunger
- Pope Francis asks YOU to help NOW - Join the campaign to end world hunger
- ANGEL'S FACE APPEARS on 9-11 memorial!
- Pope Francis shares how his life 'was saved by a nun'
- Following John the Baptizer to Happiness and Freedom
- The New Evangelization: Pope Francis's Proposal
- The New Evangelization: Exorcising the Demon of Obtuseness
- As he did in Argentina, Pope Francis walks the Roman streets at night to hand out money to needy
- Pope Francis' colorful past: he once worked as a nightclub bouncer
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?