Admiral DEFIES Emperor Obama's athiest edict, speaks publicly of Faith and Hope
Admiral Lee is first high-profile commander to defy Obama.
A U.S. Coast Guard admiral has defied Obama's ban against the sharing of faith by speaking out at a large public gathering. Christian hero, and Coast Guard Rear Admiral, William D. Lee spoke about his faith after being warned that sharing could be construed as a punishable offense.
What makes his act so courageous, is the recent announcement by the Obama administration, via the Pentagon, that soldiers who share their faith with others could be court martialed.
Admiral Lee first described himself as "a man of deep abiding faith who happens to wear a uniform." He then went on to defy Obama's atheist edict.
Lee shared a story where he encountered a soldier who attempted suicide but survived his wound. He was moved to give the man a Bible and did so. "The lawyerstell me that if I do that, I'm crossing the line," Lee explained. "I'm so glad I've crossed that line so many times."
Lee ended by pledging not to back down from his constitutional right "to tell a young man there is hope."
Despite Obama's recent edict, all Americans have the right to hold and even share their personal beliefs with others. We may not always like what is shared. Often, that right is abused as atheists, pornographers, violent filmmakers, and shock-jocks share their beliefs, yet that sharing is still protected. What then, of the sharing of faith? Surely America is still One Nation Under God.
Obama and his fellow atheists in the Pentagon have forgotten the lesson of the Roman emperors who insisted that soldiers worship them as living gods. When threatened with death, martyr after martyr chose salvation instead of the false messiah of their emperors.
Who then should expect any difference under a present-day Nero?
God Bless Admiral Lee.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Following John the Baptizer to Happiness and Freedom
- The New Evangelization: Pope Francis's Proposal
- The New Evangelization: Exorcising the Demon of Obtuseness
- As he did in Argentina, Pope Francis walks the Roman streets at night to hand out money to needy
- Pope Francis' colorful past: he once worked as a nightclub bouncer
- Argentinean government nominates Pope Francis for Nobel Peace Prize
- Standing up to bullies, girl says, 'I have a tumor, that's all'
- Pope Francis sends young almoner to do charity in the streets, and possibly sneaks out himself!
- Eternal Shadows or Shadow Makers? Read this inspiring tale of adventure!
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?