A Modern Version of the Prodigal Son
Returning Home to the Father
It is a moment to discover that "the whole of the Christian life is like a great pilgrimage to the house of the Father. This pilgrimage takes place in the heart of each person, extends to the believing community and then reaches to the whole of humanity
LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Link) - Today's video situates the parable of the prodigal son in modern times. It helps us to place ourselves in his shoes. It is a moment to discover that "the whole of the Christian life is like a great pilgrimage to the house of the Father. This pilgrimage takes place in the heart of each person, extends to the believing community and then reaches to the whole of humanity. " (John Paul II).
Catholic Link is a website run by a group of young Catholics seeking to offer videos and resources to help others in their apostolate. See us on Facebook!
Videos and resources for Catholic apostolate.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- The New Evangelization: Exorcising the Demon of Obtuseness
- As he did in Argentina, Pope Francis walks the Roman streets at night to hand out money to needy
- Pope Francis' colorful past: he once worked as a nightclub bouncer
- Argentinean government nominates Pope Francis for Nobel Peace Prize
- Standing up to bullies, girl says, 'I have a tumor, that's all'
- Pope Francis sends young almoner to do charity in the streets, and possibly sneaks out himself!
- Eternal Shadows or Shadow Makers? Read this inspiring tale of adventure!
- Pope Francis meets with Israel's Netanyahu
- 'King Money' has failed humanity, Pope Francis says
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?