Paralyzed dog able to get around with harness
While chipper, Jordanian dog misses his days as sheep herder
Former herding dog Abayed almost died when he was shot two years ago. A stranger mistook the six-year-old as a stray dog when he was running outside and tried to kill him as part of a program to cut down on stray dogs in Jordan. Found howling in pain and unable to move, his owners didn't have the heart to put him down - and now he has a new lease on life thanks to a specially made wheeled harness.
The director of the center said "It was clear that this animal wanted to live" so they set about finding him a way to walk again.
His owners managed to import a special wheeled harness for him, giving him a new lease of life. However, his owners could not look after him after he lost the use of his legs, so they gave him over to the animal center, where he can get up the ramps with no trouble.
In his herding days, Abayed used to look after over a hundred sheep. The plucky dog still can't resist following sheep and goats about when he sees them out on walks in the Jordanian countryside around the animal shelter.
Abayed is now set to live out his days as a pet as Jordan's first wheel-cart assisted dog.
Wheel-cart assisted dogs are especially acute among both Pembroke and Cardigan Welsh corgis. Over-breeding has seen their back legs becoming paralyzed in their later years.
Many Corgis spend their declining years in a wheeled cart or doggy wheelchair. The use of such devices has been found to extend the life of the animals.
© 2013, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Catholic Team Global - One child dies every 10 seconds from hunger
- Media rushes to read tea leaves as Pope Francis trades Burke for Wuerl
- Cardinal Ricardo Maria Carles Gordo dies
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Send Pope Francis a great birthday gift!
- Pope Francis celebrates his birthday with homeless men and their adorable dog! (photo)
- Pope Francis remains adamant: There will be no female cardinals
- With his whole heart, Pope Francis calls for your 'prayer and action' to end global hunger
- A MARXIST? THE MEDIA DIDN'T GET THE MEMO: Why they're STILL WRONG about Pope Francis
- Pope Francis asks YOU to help NOW - Join the campaign to end world hunger
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?