The Video 'Falling Plates' Reminds us that Jesus is the Reason
same way with us?
Our faith also reminds us with realism that in this life, sin and its consequences will continue to plague each one of us and our societies as well. The difficulties, the hardships, the violence will to a greater or less extent continue.
The fact that our culture has decidedly and strategically debarred the only person who can heal it, makes things gravely worse. Stricter laws, more security, more news articles. perhaps they will have some effect; but, the only truly effective response is a change of heart. Any solution that does not have Christ in the center, will be ultimately ineffective.
Thus, true change is possible. Still, we need to accept the fact that we can't do it on our own. We need Christ, and we need to allow him to touch our hearts and transform our lives each day more. It is through our conversion, our decision to forgive and love those around, our decision to serve the Church, that our society will begin to improve and be effectively transformed.
The Christmas Joy
As a final point, I would like to make a mention of how the mysteries of Faith that we celebrate this Christmas also shed light on what we have been saying. While, the coming of the Lord is a light of infinite purity and density, yet still one that is surrounded by darkness.
Our Lord knows all to well of man's condition; he looks upon his creation with sorrow as he witnesses our fragility, sin, and violence. Let us not forget that little time after his birth, our newborn savior and his family were forced to flee the murderous ambition of Herod.
The Christmas joy is not a na´ve joy. It is, rather, a joy in which evil is conquered by love, hate with forgiveness, selfishness with self-giving, pride with humility. This is the path that Christ has come to teach us, this is the reason for the season.
- - -
Videos and resources for Catholic apostolate.
Keywords: Falling Plates, Sin, Forgiveness, Christmas, Reconciliation
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- An Anatomy of Christian Joy: 'Be, Jesus, Our Joy!'
- In Imitation of St. Joseph, Model of Fathers of Families
- Fathers Are Guardians of the Family
- Pope Francis: Freedom Means Always Choosing the Good; A Challenge in Today's World
- Pope Francis attracts record breaking number of Twitter followers en Espanol
- Meet these senators who are unafraid to talk about their faith
- 'Lady' the black labrador survives after being shot 100 times with a BB gun
- HARROWING ORDEAL: Nigerian man survives boat capsize in air bubble
- Pope Francis Refers to 'gay lobby' inside Vatican
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?