DAILY SUNSHINE: Toilet paper and Christian forgiveness - how one misdeed was repaid with good
New devotion to faith inspired repentence and redemption.
Officials at Eastern New Mexico University have expressed the Christian virtue of forgiveness to a repentant sinner who committed a bizarre deed while enrolled at the school.
Apparently, the unnamed student decided some years ago to play a prank on the university by stealing all the rolls of toilet paper from a dormitory.
The note indicated that the miscreant felt guilty but a new-found dedication to Christian faith evoked repentance. As a self-imposed penance, the student sent a box containing 80 rolls of high quality tissue paper to the school.
The appreciative school officials say that the misdeed is forgiven and are happy to put the prank in the past where it belongs.
As for the paper, they say the rolls do not fit the dispensers so they will be donated to a local charity.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Pope Francis asks YOU to help NOW - Join the campaign to end world hunger
- A Humbling Sacrament: Penance, Reconciliation and Forgiveness
- Vatican: He didn't seek it but, Pope Francis is Time Magazine Man of the Year
- Pope Francis praises group that wants to deny communion to anti-life politicians
- Catholic Team Global - One child dies every 10 seconds from hunger
- Study: Results of pornography addiction found shocking
- ANGEL'S FACE APPEARS on 9-11 memorial!
- Pope Francis shares how his life 'was saved by a nun'
- Following John the Baptizer to Happiness and Freedom
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?