DAILY SUNSHINE: Toilet paper and Christian forgiveness - how one misdeed was repaid with good
New devotion to faith inspired repentence and redemption.
Officials at Eastern New Mexico University have expressed the Christian virtue of forgiveness to a repentant sinner who committed a bizarre deed while enrolled at the school.
Apparently, the unnamed student decided some years ago to play a prank on the university by stealing all the rolls of toilet paper from a dormitory.
The note indicated that the miscreant felt guilty but a new-found dedication to Christian faith evoked repentance. As a self-imposed penance, the student sent a box containing 80 rolls of high quality tissue paper to the school.
The appreciative school officials say that the misdeed is forgiven and are happy to put the prank in the past where it belongs.
As for the paper, they say the rolls do not fit the dispensers so they will be donated to a local charity.
© 2014 - Distributed by THE NEWS CONSORTIUM
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for March 2014
Respect for Women: That all cultures may respect the rights and dignity of women.
Vocations: That many young people may accept the Lordís invitation to consecrate their lives to proclaiming the Gospel.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- It's time to join Catholic Team Global!
- Catholic Shopping .com has some wonderful products, but did you know they do THIS too?
- Pope Francis to visit South Korea in August
- GRAND OPENING: Catholic Shopping .com is now open for you. Browse today!
- Pope Francis: Fasting 'chips away at our security and, as a consequence, benefits someone else'
- Medical experts confirm miracle attributed to Archbishop Fulton Sheen
- Pew study suggests 'Pope Francis Effect' is a myth
- What will your Lenten Pledge be?
- Pope may visit China this summer, says China and the Vatican are 'close'
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?