Archbishop Tobin appointed Archbishop of Indianapolis
Highly-qualified Archbishop has distinguished credentials.
According to the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, "Pope Benedict XVI has appointed Archbishop Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R., the Archbishop Secretary of the Vatican Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, the sixth archbishop of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis." The announcement was made today in Rome.
According to a statement from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, Tobin was responsible for all of the world's religious orders, a population that exceeds one million individuals. Tobin is a distinguished polyglot, speaking Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese and having the ability to read several other languages.
Now he will oversee more people in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
He is a Detroit native, the oldest of 13 children, and an experienced pastor and minister.
Archbishop Tobin is also a dear friend of Catholic Online and the Catholic Online community. Catholic Online continues to serve Archbishop Tobin and the Redemptorists' online requirements providing many Internet services including email worldwide to the order.
Michael Galloway, President and CEO of Catholic Online, and close friend of Archbishop Tobin, extends his congratulations to the Archbishop and looks forward to his continued success.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Pope Francis asks YOU to help NOW - Join the campaign to end world hunger
- A Humbling Sacrament: Penance, Reconciliation and Forgiveness
- Vatican: He didn't seek it but, Pope Francis is Time Magazine Man of the Year
- Pope Francis praises group that wants to deny communion to anti-life politicians
- Catholic Team Global - One child dies every 10 seconds from hunger
- Study: Results of pornography addiction found shocking
- ANGEL'S FACE APPEARS on 9-11 memorial!
- Pope Francis shares how his life 'was saved by a nun'
- Following John the Baptizer to Happiness and Freedom
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?