Archbishop Tobin appointed Archbishop of Indianapolis
Highly-qualified Archbishop has distinguished credentials.
According to the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, "Pope Benedict XVI has appointed Archbishop Joseph W. Tobin, C.Ss.R., the Archbishop Secretary of the Vatican Congregation for Institutes of Consecrated Life and Societies of Apostolic Life, the sixth archbishop of the Archdiocese of Indianapolis." The announcement was made today in Rome.
Archbishop Tobin previously oversaw the world's religious orders.
According to a statement from the Archdiocese of Indianapolis, Tobin was responsible for all of the world's religious orders, a population that exceeds one million individuals. Tobin is a distinguished polyglot, speaking Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese and having the ability to read several other languages.
Now he will oversee more people in the Archdiocese of Indianapolis.
He is a Detroit native, the oldest of 13 children, and an experienced pastor and minister.
Archbishop Tobin is also a dear friend of Catholic Online and the Catholic Online community. Catholic Online continues to serve Archbishop Tobin and the Redemptorists' online requirements providing many Internet services including email worldwide to the order.
Michael Galloway, President and CEO of Catholic Online, and close friend of Archbishop Tobin, extends his congratulations to the Archbishop and looks forward to his continued success.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Archbishop Tobin, Indianapolis
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Receiving the Eucharist: I Have Decided to Kneel For Jesus
- Exorcism or not, it's still a miracle
- The Holy Spirit: Sanctifier and Giver of Life, Love and Truth
- Pope Francis tweets his prayers following devastation in Moore
- The Paraclete: The Counselor Who Helps Us Fulfill Our Calling
- Pope Francis calls for change within the Church
- Atheists to have their books placed atop Gideon Bibles
- Killer whale with missing fins cared for by its pod family
- C-section leaves mom fighting for life over dreaded flesh-eating virus
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?