Are Comic Books Marketing Homosexuality to Children? A Troubling Sign of the Times
Green Lantern is gay announces DC Comics.
Kafka had it right when he pointed out that deviant activity that is accepted eventually becomes mainstream and normalized. Consider his parable: Leopards break into the temple and drink the sacrificial chalices dry. This happens again and again repeatedly. Finally it can be counted on beforehand and becomes part of the ceremony. -Kafka, Parables.
Marketing a homosexual equivalency aganda has no place in the pages of entertainment material marketed towards young children.
The homosexual character will be appearing on "Earth 2" in a fictional parallel universe from ours. However, kids will read about him in our world, the real world, everyday.
Comic book characters are fictional constructs, so it's not like someone needs to save Green Lantern from his own deviant ways, but these fictional stories are sold to both children and adults as mainstream reading material. Superheroes can make desirable role models for children, often exemplifying character traits we'd like our children to emulate. Examples include patriotism, loyalty, integrity, justice, righteousness, self sacrifice, heroism and, yes, other virtues. Remember when we wanted our children to be virtuous?
Now thanks to an editorial decision, we are somehow expected to add homosexual practice to that list?
Meanwhile it's not just DC Comics. Marvel Comics announced last month that the pages of the X-Men comic book would soon feature a homosexual "wedding".
Superheroes should be protecting the innocent, catching bad guys, and serving up justice. Overt homosexual practice, and promoting the agenda related to promoting it, should have no place or in the pages of comic books especially when they are marketed towards children. The fact that it does is just one more sign that the homosexual equivalency agenda is rolling full steam through the fabric of our nation.
© 2012, Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM.
Pope Francis Prayer Intentions for December 2013
General Intention: Victimized Children. That children who are victims of abandonment or violence may find the love and protection they need.
Missionary Intention: Prepare the Savior's Coming. That Christians, enlightened by the Word incarnate, may prepare humanity for the Savior's coming.
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Living Faith News
- Catholic Online Boutique: Complete your shopping list by buying the finest in Catholic this year
- Pope Francis asks YOU to help NOW - Join the campaign to end world hunger
- Andrew Greenwell on the False Tolerance of Secular Liberalism
- Pope Francis orders clergy to hear confessions in parish church, plans to join them
- Catholic Team Global - One child dies every 10 seconds from hunger
- Media rushes to read tea leaves as Pope Francis trades Burke for Wuerl
- Cardinal Ricardo Maria Carles Gordo dies
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Send Pope Francis a great birthday gift!
- Pope Francis celebrates his birthday with homeless men and their adorable dog! (photo)
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?