Obamacare: Medical Rationing and the Demise of Patient Confidentiality
and your health.
Governmental intervention in your medical care and, particularly, your medical records, could have devastating personal consequences. It could automatically mean the loss of your driver's license for some people for certain conditions, such as muscle weakness, multiple sclerosis, diabetes, neuropathy, and even mental health issues such as depression.
The Motor Vehicle Administration where I live already posts a long and growing list of conditions that you must self-report to be able to renew your license and drive a car. These conditions and many more are already included on the list.Socialized medicine may also cause some to lose your driver's license simply based on a visit to their primary care doctor or to a specialist.
In essence, this usurps patient doctor confidentiality, allowing governmental "outsiders" to make decisions for you simply based on what is written in your medical records, without discussion. For this reason, many physicians are talking about leaving their medical practices in the advent of socialized medicine in America, as their autonomy is soon to be taken away.
As Obamacare looms large and threatens patient confidentiality, prepares to be the demise of medical ethics, and heralds in a new age of medical care rationing for all Americans, the only recourse may be much needed fervent prayer and your conscientious vote in November.
Copyright 2012 Distributed by NEWS CONSORTIUM
- - -
Pope Benedict XVI's Prayer Intentions for January 2013
General Intention: The Faith of Christians. That in this Year of Faith Christians may deepen their knowledge of the mystery of Christ and witness joyfully to the gift of faith in him.
Missionary Intention: Middle Eastern Christians. That the Christian communities of the Middle East, often discriminated against, may receive from the Holy Spirit the strength of fidelity and perseverance.
Keywords: Obama, Obamacare, medical, healthcare, Patient Rights
Rate This Article
Leave a Comment
More Health News
- Forget printing guns, doctors use 3D printer to save baby
- Is it really that simple? - Research suggests ordinary vitamin C kills drug-resistant TB
- Chamomile tea can be refreshing treat - as well as a safeguard against cancer, researchers say
- HIV resurgent among Navajo tribe as deadly cases spike
- UK to give cancer patients genetic analysis just like Angelina Jolie
- Vitamin D found beneficial in treating asthma symptoms
- Study: Depressed women in 40s, 50s suffer more than twice for stroke risk
- Some experts say it's biologically possible to clone a human
- Study: Women live longer than men as their immune systems age more slowly
- Fr. Paul Schenck: Finding Living Faith on Catechetical Sunday
- The Movie Yellow: Incest as 'Normal' and Cassavates's Slides Into the World of Woes
- The Chicago School Teachers Strike Reveals the Need For School Choice
- The Sexual Barbarians and the Dissolution of Culture
- The Happy Priest Challenges Us to Ask: Who is Jesus to Me?
- Michael Coren on Canadian Public Schools: Teachers, leave those kids alone
- We Cannot Ignore Our Consciences: Cardinal Dolan On Religious Liberty
- In the Face of Danger, Successor of Peter Travels to Lebanon as a Messenger of Peace
- Reflections on the Dignity and Vocation of Women: Who or What?