St. Polycarp Comments

Imagine being able to sit at the feet of the apostles and hear their stories of life with Jesus from their own lips. Imagine walking with those who had walked with Jesus, seen him, and touched him. That was what Polycarp was able to do as a disciple of Saint John the Evangelist. But being part of the second generation of Church leaders had challenges that the first generation could not teach about. What did you do when those eyewitnesses ... Continue Reading

1. Charles Peter

I have heard the name Polycarp off and on throughout my life, but never knew much about him. So today, I looked up his bio on your site and somehow feel closer to Christ. Thank you and the Saint.

2. Rob Bennettt

When I was a young boy in school, a nun told us the story about St. Polycarp. After Vatican II, I forgot all about those old saints so I could concentrate on myself and the people of God in my neighborhood. Now that I am old man, it is good to get re-acquainted with some of the people who gave their lives for their belief in Jesus Christ

3. Paul Golder

Thank you for the wonderful article on St. Polycarp.

4. Martin

Another great example of the imitation of Christ. How can any one with blood pumping through there veins not be touched by this great Saint. God bless you all.

5. Antony Kurup

Typical of 'Saints and Angels' website, the narrative was very interesting.
    In the Benedictus Antiphon of today's Morning Prayer (Breviary) there is a prayer attributed to St. Polycarp.which runs like this; "I have been a servant of Christ for eighty-six years and no evil has come near me; how can I now speak against my king who has saved me?" We don't find a mention of it in the narration.

6. Gabriel Rojas

I am priest. Every day I need to prepare a homily to give my people so every time I look for more information in the internet about saints. I feel very happy that I can find this information available here. Thanks a lot

7. Benjamin Cagayan

I find it more informative now because more details about his life, his works, his strong faith, courage and bravery were told. I see the entire picture of his life. Thanks.

8. Jack Simmons

I am interested ain reading the writeings of Polycarp. Do you have web site that I could search.
    Thanks