St. Philomena Comments

Little is known of her life, and the information was received by private revelation from her. Martyred at about age 14 in the early days of the Church. In 1802 the remains of a young woman were found in the catacomb of Saint Priscilla on the Via Salaria. It was covered by stones, the symbols on which indicated that the body was a martyr named Saint Philomena. The bones were exhumed, cataloged, and effectively forgotten since there was so ... Continue Reading

1. vi

God bless the day i found St Philomena.. i adore her. i am currently on a novena to her which she revealed to be carried out.for a special intention a day before i began.Her wonders shall never end!!! i trust in her power with God. she is the beloved daughter of Jesus and Mary. what a great saint. pray through her and spread her devotion and your mouth will be full of testimonies..

2. Donna

I am so drawn to St. Philomena. I pray to her and I am intending to get some of her holy oil as well. I hope you hear my prayers and answer me. Thank you, St. Philomena, powerful with God. May God bless you all.

3. Irene

Thank you St Philomena that I found you.

4. Randy Rosendo Buentello

Thank you st.Philomina I love you with heart ,and my life is your hands I ask of your blessen to help me with good paying job. I have been not working for to log time you are my only hope in life.

5. kimberly trojak

I read about Saint Philamena prior to the adoption of my beautiful daughter, Sofia Valentine. A single mother, I heard Sofia calling from China. Knowing Sofia was to be named after my grandfather (Joseph Valentine), I asked Saint Philamena for her watch and protection of my daughter until I arrived in China. Today, Sofia is wise (as her name suggests) and full of heart.
    I always promised Saint Philomena the name of anyother daughter would be Lily, as in the lily flower on her tomb. Low and behold, I became pregnant at the age of 47 (God Our Father has a sense of humor:>} ). The month of July, 2009, my healthy, full of life second daughter arrived on earth......her name? But of course Lily Jennifer (after my beloved Saint, my great aunt and my grandmother).
    Thank you dear Virgin Martyr and Saint. My daughters will grow in the story of your intercession in their lives.

Kim

6. joanne

a friend of mine introduced me to saint philomena when my son was diagnosed with leukemia and through the bad times i have prayed constantly to her.I really believe in her intersession as my son continues to be well throuhout his treatment, i took a liking to saint philomena as she was the same age when she died as my son is nowand i will continue to pray to her always. Thank you saint philomena for helping me through this and please watch over my son xx

7. betty

I just found out about St Philomena today 2-2-11 - her picture intrigued me - what a beautiful child - I am adding her to my list of prayers for my very sick husband - St Philomena please answer my request quickly I have prayed so very hard for a miracle and cure - please intercede for me and my family.

8. Rick

I am delighted to hear of everyone's experiences with St. Philomena. Even in the company of the angels and saints, she is truly amazing. May God continue to bless you all through the powerful intercession of His most charming and compassionate servant.

Rick Medina, Author
    I Ask St. Philomena

9. Megan

I just read a book about St. Philomena by Rick Medina, and I think I may choose her for my Confirmation celestial sponsor. I love her humor and the way she hates to be ignored, and the way she changes the looks of paintings or statues to make them look more like herself, like the changing of hair color and skin rosiness. I pray that she will pray for my mother's new child that will be born today or tomorrow. Thank you so much, Philomena! You just made today a great day!

10. Augustine Chinaemerem

infat am very glad to be a catholic. seeing this story am over welmed

11. Ann B.

St. Philomena, we go way back - 1959 - you've been there for me, always. But when the church took you off the liturgical calendar, I walked away thinking you didn't exist ... who did I think answered my prayers in 1959? I'm so sorry for that. But then we became friends once again ... you forgave me and once again listened to my prayers. St. Philomena, I come before you again for my son. He needs a job. THese are tough economic times - many are out of work, many with families and bills to pay ... please help my son and all those who need work. I know you can and will do this for us because you are good, kind, understanding and powerful with God. Today is the day they bless your holy oil ... may it always be a balm for healing our minds, our bodies and our souls. Thank you.

12. Maeve O'Brien

My confirmation name is Philomena. I really do not remember why I chose it. In my confirmation class it just seemed right. I only ever knew one person who had it as their baptismal name. I am now in my sixties and still pray to her. The only thing I can say is that if you are looking for a quick answer to your prayer she is not the person to pray to. She loves to try your patience. That is why I love her so much. I am quite stubborn too. I was really annoyed when she was taken off the list of approved saints! What makes a saint?

I for years prayed to her for years for a sister. I was born in 1946 and my brother in 1947. My sister was born in 1961. I could not believe when she was born.

I still pray to her for what I consider impossible requests but I know she will answer me at some point. (Probably a couple of weeks before I depart this world) just to keep me praying to her. I still love her and have great faith in her.

13. Carmencita

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAINT PHILOMENA!

14. Stephen

Thank you thank you St Philomena for everything I do appreciate you we are trully Blessed by your intercession for us poor sinners, you are a Great Saint, thank you thank you!!

15. rosemary

st philomena is my confirmation name of many years ago my mother picked the name for me. My mother is in poor physical health and Ihave been looking for ways to help her, I recently visited Rome and prayed for her, but I believe my prayers have brought me to St Philomena who I have not ever thought much about, or knew anything about, but to who I now turn to, for help. Please interceed for me I beg of you, my mother needs your help, thank you I will pray to you daily.

16. Marjie

Dearest St. Philomena,

Thank you so much for all your help to me and my family. You are God's blessings to all of those who pray for your intercessions. Dear St. Philomena, once again I pray for your help. Through your powerful intercession, I ask God to grant my special prayer and request. You know what is in my heart. Please help me obtain my request.

I pray, ask, and believe in you, dear St. Philomena.

Thank you very much.

Merry Christmas to all!

17. Martina

Beloved "Wonder worker" and my dear Saint Philomena, Thank you for all your support on my needs. Blessed is your intercession to God our Lord and Jesus Christ our Savior. Please, Beautiful Princess and Martyr keep helping me on my marriage and all my family members to be granted with Health and Prosperity.
    People, Pray to Saint Philomena "the Miracle Wonder Worker" and you will be responded. God Bless You!

18. Nancy

St. Philomena, powerful of God, pray for us! Thank you, dear St. Philomena, for hearing my prayers. Please help my daughters grow in their faith and make good life decisions. Thank you for helping me in my faith life as well.

19. moz

dear sister philomenna you have always been so good to me. Help me now in this situation I am in now.

20. Philomenus

Thank you, St. Philomena, for all the favors I received through your intercession