St. Matthew Comments

St. Matthew, one of the twelve Apostles, is the author of the first Gospel. This has been the constant tradition of the Church and is confirmed by the Gospel itself. He was the son of Alpheus and was called to be an Apostle while sitting in the tax collectors place at Capernaum. Before his conversion he was a publican, i.e., a tax collector by profession. He is to be identified with the "Levi" of Mark and Luke. His apostolic activity was at ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph santiago cmf

St.Matthew teaches me to give myself fully to Jesus and his mission. I am impressed by this saint today. I understand his vocational life and background, his commitment and dedication, his witnessing life and above all the secret of his success in life. He was possessed by Jesus. He did not like for himself and but lived for Jesus. He was not sad for that but he was happy. He wrote a gospel inspired by the spirit. I understand whoever looses their find life and joy. Once they find they do not want to loose it and keep it with themselves and also share with other.

2. christie

St. Matthew, has been the subject of religious art, masterpieces by the great Carravagio. The titles are, "The calling of Matthew" , "Matthew and the angel", and the "martydom of Matthew". They adorn the Churches in Rome, which draw pilgrims from all over the world. However, the internet offers these images for all of us to view, enjoy and feel a spiritual response to. St. Matthew, pray for us.

3. christie

St. Matthew, the evangelist whose Gospel was written for his fellow Jews, you are so astute in addressing the faith needs of the newly converted and answering the questions of the unconverted. You are as relevant today as then. We believers are truly affirmed by your Gospel stories. Grant the gift of accepting and acknowledging Christ to all peoples, especially to those who are near and dear to us. St. Matthew, you have the angels by your side guiding your pen. May we rely on our wonderful winged companions and truly feel their protection, inspiration and guidance. Much love to you loving, humble saint. On your feastday, pray for my family members who need your intercession, so that we may be loyal followers of Christ. Help all those in need of physical, mental and spiritual healing. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

4. Bill70 from Multiply

I'm a catechist and will be teaching 7th graders this year. I loved reading the comments from the kids here. So real !

5. matt

thanks :D

6. abraham annan

Dear Sir

I am a catholic boy, who goes to church and pray

but in mine meekness i ask you to help me on how i can be holy

in order to associate with saint Mathew

from Abraham

thanks

7. isaac

its realy cool

8. Ethan

Thanks to this article, it helped me with my school project :D
    Oh! and BTW St. Matthew is Awesome!! :))

9. jbannan

he was a good man

10. matthew

he seems pritty cool

11. matthew

he is awsome because i have his name

12. Luvv:D

Loved this;D!

13. Marianne

Saint Matthew pls. help the financial institiutions to recognize our financial situation and approve the sale of our house quickly so that we may be released from its burden. Amen.

14. Matthew O.

Thanks this website is pretty good and Matthew is my name too. Thanks it helps a lot for my project!!!!!!!

15. ladylie m. Diaz

where can we find the altar of st. matthew(the tax collector),here in the philippines?
    please i need to know!!!thanks

16. white star

this was a wonderful website matthew was a wonderful man

17. matty mini burn

i love this guy this guy is great and was the best ever saint in the world because i have his name go saint matthew go

18. Hunter

I am doing a project on St. Matthew. He is Awesome!!

19. Brad

this is helpful because i am a proud catholic. And saint matthew is who i can relate to the most.

20. zack

this really helped me alot hi who ever is reading this : D