St. Mary Magdelene Comments

She is called "the Penitent". St. Mary was given the name 'Magdalen' because, though a Jewish girl, she lived in a Gentile town called Magdale, in northern Galilee, and her culture and manners were those of a Gentile. St. Luke records that she was a notorious sinner, and had seven devils removed from her. She was present at Our Lords' Crucifixion, and with Joanna and Mary, the mother of James and Salome, at Jesus' empty tomb. Fourteen ... Continue Reading

1. alyssa chachere

i love her shes so awsome! we have an assighnment so we get to look up saints

2. viki

awesome, thanks for the info :D
    great article btw

3. nicholas maoko

St Mary Magdalene intercede for all those who are in promiscious life

4. Marlene Miciunas

My 89 year old Dad wishes to be called to God's kingdom. He told me that Saint Mary Magdalene visited with him. I am wondering what significance she has and why she was the chosen Saint to visit with my Dad? Does she know his wish to join God's kingdom? I think Jesus anointed her to send a message of peace.
    Thank you.

5. Mr Roger M Martin

What Year was Mary Magdelene Declared A Saint?

And by wath POPE?

6. Donna

I have chosen Mary Magdalene for my Confirmation Saint and I admire her so very much, she endured so much and had so much love in her heart. I am so very proud to have her as my Confirmation Saint. To me she is a remarkable woman!

7. J Patrice Marandel

Good story !

8. William

His love is so great. To forgive her and let her be a lesson to us all.

9. Nicho

To all you beautiful children of GOD;
    Keep up the good work and spread your faith, faithfully!

10. Maddy

I have chosen saint Magdalene as my confirmation name and her name means my name! She is so interesting to learn about and i can't wait to learn more!!!

11. Anonumyus

my birthday is on her feast day!

12. dannnnnnnnnI ::)

shes such a great person. she is so strong and faithful! :D :D

13. ,<3 Caitlin

I'm choosing St Mary Magdalene as my confirmation name!!!!!

14. Ame

Everyone needs to know how important she is

15. Stephanie

I am using her for my confirmation name. I wish there was a better biography about her that includes her past life.

16. Mir

I chose her for my Confirmation and I have done one project on her already and doing another for my final Religion project.

17. cutiepatootie

im using her for my project! shes awesome! but i wish there was more info :(

18. keyla

I picked Mary Magdalene as my saint for my confirmation project =]

19. Ally

I'm working on a project and she is my saint.

20. lilyan

i love her!she is awesome! i choose her for my report because she got forgiven by god and agot 7 devils cast out of her.