St. Mary Magdelene Comments

She is called "the Penitent". St. Mary was given the name 'Magdalen' because, though a Jewish girl, she lived in a Gentile town called Magdale, in northern Galilee, and her culture and manners were those of a Gentile. St. Luke records that she was a notorious sinner, and had seven devils removed from her. She was present at Our Lords' Crucifixion, and with Joanna and Mary, the mother of James and Salome, at Jesus' empty tomb. Fourteen ... Continue Reading

1. Luke Martin

this was helpful other than the fact i need more info about the sculpture

2. 69

i looooooooooooooooooovvvvveeeeeeeeee yooooooooooouuuuuuuuu

3. Dan Davis

Very helpful keeping which Mary was which, even for a Baptist...God Bless

4. Lupita

NOT HELPFUL AT ALL!!!! iNeed More Info Likee Saint's Place Of Birth, Date Of Birth, Saints Date Of Death, Is She Part Of A Religious Order And What One Is It

5. Glenn

This was very helpful to me because of my Religion project! :) Great biographies!

6. Kristine

Mary is my saint for sure! she has come to me time and time again especially when I needed to be strong! My birthday is her saint day 07/22. She was cleared by the church of prostitution in 1969 which was the year I was born. She was a powerful figure for the christians. I wish there was more to read & study about her. She is there in spirit I can feel it. Thank u Mary for helping me through the hardest of times.

7. Dalton

St. Mary Magdalene is an example for the poor sinners like us all that with hope, love, faith,and perseverence we can see Christ one day. She is my hero.

8. therese

shes my confirmation saint

9. Elizabeth

I love this because i am doing a report on her in Religion class.. i really am enjoying this :)

10. TealRose

Why do people here STILL think St Mary Magdalene was prostitute? It says this nowhere in the Bible - and even the Catholic church stated in 1969 that she was not to be thought of us such anymore !!

St Mary Magdalene - you and God know the truth, bless us and help us to understand.

11. elizabeth

this has been very helpful to me, i'm doing a report on st. mary magdalene and this article is a lot better than most of the other ones out there...

12. Francis DeStefano

ALB:

No one knows the answer to your questions. You could report on the legends that grew up about Mary Magdalen. On the web you can find "Sacred and Legendary Art," an old book by Anna Jameson which gives a very good account of the legends.

The legends identified her as the sister of Martha and Lazarus, and that they came from a noble family. In your report you might just want to identify the scriptural references. She was the first to see the Risen Lord.

13. A.L.B.

I chose Mary Magdalene as my confirmation saint and am doing a report on her in religion. She is truly amazing. On the internet, there is so many different answers to some of the questions I have. Would anyone be able to answer these questions I have?
    1. Who was Mary's immediate family?
    2. What was her birth name?
    3. Childhood information?
    4. Occupation of Mary and her parents?
    5. Birthplace?
    If someone could answer these questions it would mean a lot! Thanks!

14. Corrie

What was her position in the Church?

15. AB

PENNY, you are very blessed to have such an experience. She was a very beautiful woman caught up in a promiscuous life, but when Jesus saved her from being stoned she devoted her life to following Him and is now a saint. Mary Magdalene was very close to Jesus. Even if you do not know her, and/or God, they are reaching out to you. Embrace it! It is an amazing thing. I said a prayer for you today, Penny; I pray you continue to get to know her and God, because He desperately wants to know you and for you to know Him. :)

16. trish

Mary was 72 when she died

17. ghassan-antoine

there is no other religion or faith that can make of a repent sinner so glorious loved and respected as christianity.
    sincere penitence is the way for peace,forgivness,love and respect,and a way for eternal salavtion as our lod promised.

18. Penny

Yesterday I had a very inspirational experience. While I was relaxing getting a massage a young womans face appeared while I had my eyes shut. She was a young woman, beautiful, pleasent & pure looking. Had no clue who she was. I paused and told my massagist what had happen. Right away she thought I seen Mary Magdalene. I had no clue who she was talking about. Went home to look her up on the internet and to my surprise saw the ladys face again on the computer!! It gives me chills every time I tell my story. The big question is why did I see her? Is she trying to tell me something? Is she good or bad? I hope you all will try to help me to get to know this lady better & try to figure out what is her calling? Thanks so much!

19. Samantha Silva

I like this because I used this to help me on my Church homework. i thought it was also very interesting. I think I will be using this site a lot because its very helpfull and this is where my Church teacher gets a lot of information off of.

20. francis

when was mary magdalene born?

WHEN DID SHE DIE?