St. Maria Goretti Comments

Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; her farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children. In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, grabbed her from her steps and tried to rape her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander began stabbing her with a knife. As she lay in the hospital, she ... Continue Reading

1. Jewel

St. Maria Goretti is a great role model for all women and I 'm so glad I heard her story in Confirmation class... I will never forget her. In her honor I shall do my saint project and such a great person.

Bless your soul Maria!!!!!

2. hazael

she is my most favorite saint.., she serves as an inspiration to me..,

3. Jessica

Maria is my favorite saint. It was helpful cause i have to do a saint report. I chose this cause it's such a great story!

4. AndromedaOrgana

Although I am Protestant, I was given this link by a Catholic friend who knows I am a rape victim. The story was very inspiring to me because even though I have mostly gotten over my experience, I still am having trouble forgiving my attacker. I am bookmarking this site. THank you.

5. Grace Anne

well, i love saint maria! she is a good sait for teachers to teach young women about.
    she is one of my favorite saints of all time!

6. Megan

I love Maria! I fully respect her all the way. She will be my confirmation saint for next year. When you go to church pray for her and give someone who has hurt you forgivness like God our Father would do on to you.

7. Al

Your story is amazing! im doing a saint report and i choose you because my religion teacher said your story was really inspiring!:)

8. D

St. Maria Goretti has done great things for me. Let me always praise God in union with her. Glory to the Lord!

9. anne Roshani

oh St.Maria I love u & I want to be like u.

10. glenda

this was a very helpful site i would totally recommend it for any one.

11. Minou Soet

Dear Saint Maria Goretti,
    Thank you for your greatness and you strenght to teach us how to forgive. When you are so humble and gracefull to forgive your attacker YOU ARE A REAL BEAUTIFUL SAINT! I found your picture in Durtal in France this summer. Thank you so much for your greatness. Thank you for beeing a rollmodel in how to FORGIVE in any circumstances for so many people! Your pureness will never be forgotten.
    I send you my love and light and wish you heaven!
    AMEN AND AMEN

12. SSAKU JAMES

I love this lady with my soul i wish i had such faith.

13. Marigold

She is an amazing Saint. In modern days, a lot of people can't forgive someone for accidentally tripping them or spilling their coffee or something dumb like that. Maria could forgive the man who killed her. She wanted him to be in Heaven with her. She didn't want God to lay sin against him. She was so kind. I hope people can become more forgiving after they read her story. Did you know she is nicknamed the "Saint Agnes of the 20th Century"? I bet that she and Saint Agnes hang out a lot together in Heaven. They are both so amazing. I love them. If I ever have two daughters, I'm naming the second one Maria.

14. Megan

I'm reading this article because I chose Saint Maria Gorettii for my Confirmation name and thought she was very inspiring. I'm very young but think she is a great forgiving Saint.

15. ebony

she is so amazing for wat she did i would not have the guts to do that,thats why she is going to be my confirmation name.

16. Emma

St. Maria Gorreti- Pray for us.

You are an inspiration to me and many young people: help us to be like you in our lives.

17. Sylvia Idawati, Jakarta Indonesia

AS A VERY YOUNG GIRL SHE IS VERY INSPIRING BECAUSE SHE FORGAVE ALEXANDER .
    I NEVER FORGET HER STORY

18. bob gollner

A wonderful lesson about forgiving....................something we all can learn from!

19. Ane Maria-Goretti

I really appreciate Maria Goretti for her strength against the sin and her forgiveness. she is a good example for young girls like us. i have always wanted to be like her for standing in good position. she sacrificed her live for chastity.

20. Abraham

St. Maria Goretti's life is a real challenge to the young children of today.