St. Luke Comments

Luke, the writer of the Gospel and the Acts of the Apostles, has been identified with St. Paul's "Luke, the beloved physician" (Colossians 4:14). We know few other facts about Luke's life from Scripture and from early Church historians. It is believed that Luke was born a Greek and a Gentile. In Colossians 10-14 speaks of those friends who are with him. He first mentions all those "of the circumcision" -- in other words, ... Continue Reading

1. John Mahwaya

I found the history of St Luke very interesting and i hope to use it too

2. david

i am being confirmed and need to do a little info on st luke

3. Golly

This information was somewhat helpful. I am doing a religion project and I need some info about his actual life. HELP!!!!!!!!

4. Dr. Gil

My late son, Peter, was both a doctor and 'painter of pictures'. The life of St. Luke holds a special meaning for me.

5. Jordan

lukes my confirmation saint and the priest asks us what did he do and i cant find anything. someone please help

6. Borac

very nice :D

7. Marley

This was soooo helpful for my saint project !!! :)

8. Matt

i love st Luke, he is awesome and he is a great saint. i can't wait to learn more about him. Luke's are cool no-matter what. He is going to be my saint name. I love Luke

9. Lukas

This is my favorite saint

10. cody firth

he is awesome i love him

11. heheihs

this is soooooo cool learnt so much

12. RosaMaria

Our newest grandson born just 2 days ago on Apr 29 is being named Luke / Luca [Italian]. We are thrilled. Maybe he'll follow in St Luke's footsteps and become a physician or surgeon too [?]. This name is not "traditional" in our family, but a beautiful new one and we love it.

13. kyle.M.

i had to do this and i was like ong this is hard ....but this actually interested me alot !!!!

14. LUKE

THis WAs amazing! really helped me OUT!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

15. Kolton Luke _______

My middle name was named after Saint Luke and now I am picking him as my Saint for my presentation in comfirmation class. I also appreciate this kind of website where people put an effort out to make this information available to willing people.

16. Patrick scellick

This is cute i love it my grandma passed away of cancer she will always be loved and in our thoughts :'(

17. keaton

ilove st luke

18. jack c

hi guys i love LUKE

19. RuairĂ­

He is my confirmation name! Luke is the best evangilist!

20. bob