St. Luke Comments

Luke, the writer of the Gospel and the Acts of the Apostles, has been identified with St. Paul's "Luke, the beloved physician" (Colossians 4:14). We know few other facts about Luke's life from Scripture and from early Church historians. It is believed that Luke was born a Greek and a Gentile. In Colossians 10-14 speaks of those friends who are with him. He first mentions all those "of the circumcision" -- in other words, ... Continue Reading

1. michael

+i liked this very much considr'n these str's about saint luk

2. Rose

I cant decide! St.Luke or St.Francis of Assisi for my Confirmation patron saint because I am an artist and going to be a surgeon but at the same time I am a fighter for justice and seek what is right for everyone! AGH Dx

3. Rhonda

I'm doing a paper on Luke.I need help,as a young man did Luke have Autism? was Luke thrust into a world that doesn't expect anything from him, but Luke is on a quest. Was he sheltered by his grandpartents? Did Luke mother give him up when he was not only a child?

4. Cassidy

This is my Martyr project... yup... that's it.

5. Dude Man

St. Luke is going to be my confirmation name! Thanks catholic.org!

6. Beno

Great info!!! Good Work!!!!

7. Jayson D.

I'm choosing Saint Luke for my saint name for conformation. This information is very helpful. Thanks Luke!

8. donna ciano

My daughter is studying to be a physician. She is very good, works extremly hard and she wants to help people desperatley. Plese St Luuke help her make her dream become possible. Amen

9. sammi v.

coolwebsite ithelps me alot

10. luvulots

omg I just luv the pictures he drew and painted

11. Reina

Oh my gosh! This was a very helpful source about St. Luke. I think i've learned more about him than I've ever had. Thanks a lot and God bless!!!

12. Dick Francis

I love saint luke he is a hero! I wish i could give him a jobby as a token of gratitude ! :)

13. Qabuka

St.Luke is a great inspiration as we know that he was a doctor,but in this days traditional doctors are not 100% accepted to the church,but ST.Luke participated to God as a doctor meaningfull without any criticisim

14. Sonia Jurasits

Although I always invoke Saint Luke the Evangelist althrough my life, as my protector. I never knew he was a physician. I find his story fascinating. As a young adult I lived alone. whenever I was afraid, I always prayed to the four Evangelists: St Mattheuw, St Mark, St Luke and St. John. I got the idea from my Great Grand Mother, Eugenie Duval. Thank you for the article

15. julia

Thnx. for the info...!!!
    The act of the apostles is the best part of the Holy Church... this really teaches me about the truth... so maybe, there are not more words to say... but always, the bible has a lot of things that I must learn... Luke let us a great amount of knowledge... and devotion... Amen..!!!

16. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Luke, Please pray for us.

17. christie

Dear St. Luke, you are the author of truth, a true historian, a lover of the poor. Please ensure that the offerings made by good intentioned people be used honestly and for the most deserving cases in the recent floods in Pakistan. St. Luke pray for this to happen. Amen.

18. christie

St. Luke, you were the favourite of my Scripture class, giving us Christ's life from the moment of Angel Gabriel's Annunciation to His death on the cross. From you we hear of Christ's mercy to the poor, to women, to sinners and to non-Jews. Then, we continued to read about St. Paul's conversion, his journeys, his teachings and his imprisonment from the Acts of the Apostles.
    In my needs today, I ask you as patron of physicians, to administer to all who are sick and suffering. Grant a miraculous healing to all children who are born with the terrible afflictions of fragile X. Their suffering pervades all aspects of health, both mental and physical. With your intercession, please come to their aid. A respite is not enough, please grant a permanent cure for these suffering children. I ask this in Jesus name. Amen.

19. Joseph santiago cmf

He was a good historian, evangelist, physician and ambassador of goodness to the poor.
    He highlights in his gospel the the importance of paryer, Holy Spirit, the role of women, the lost son, the lost coin and the lost sheep. He loved the poor, sinners, the outcast, the mariginazed and all those who were abandoned and neglected by the elite. He was very compassionate to them and healed them as mush he could through powerful word and deed. He was a greater helper and collaborator to Paul during the missionary journey. He has also written the acts of the apostle. I wonder at him. How wonderful is this pagan, is doing such things amazing way. Today we need to take the word to the sinners and outcast o four society so that the Word of god may heal our sisters and brothers who sit in darkness and come to the light. Is there new way and path for missionary works? St.Luke, pray for us

20. kathleen griffis

I am so grateful that my firstborn grandchild was named Luke. He is not only loyal, but helps the poor. Thank the Lord for Saint Lukes's information in the Bible of Our Holy Mother. Maybe he'll be called to be a doctor?!