St. Sabina Comments

St. Sabina's feast day is August 29th. We know St. Sabina only through legend, and there is some question as to its trustworthiness. Even the century in which she lived is unknown. Supposedly Sabina was converted to Christianity by her Syrian servant Serapia. During the persecution of Emperor Hadrian, Serapia suffered martyrdom for her Christian Faith. It is believed that St. Sabina was murdered for the Faith about a month later. The reknowned ... Continue Reading

1. Isiwu Sabina

i am greatful 2 God that i now know the meaning of sabina and who is St. Sabina. Pls, St. Sabina pray for me to have faith like you. Thank you and God bless

2. Sabina Marshall

St Sabina, pray for me to find truth in my life once again. I have been selfish and through that action have hurt someone that i will always love.

3. Melly Sabina Ester L

after long i didn't know about my name's mean,and actually i so proud with my name,,my Daddy has given this name to me but before i grow up he has died ,my mom also didn't knew about it ,,and How great the name means after i'm looked for !!
    I hope i can be Sabina, who be hero for everyone,,Jesus love u all,,^^

4. Sabina

I already knew about St. Sabina, but it was great reading about her again, especially since we have the same name!

5. Jim

Per New Advent:

St. Sabina

Widow of Valentinus and daughter of Herod Metallarius, suffered martyrdom about 126. According to the Acts of the martyrdom, which however have no historic value, she lived at Rome and was converted to Christianity by her female slave Serapia. Serapia was put to death for her faith and later, in the same year, Sabina suffered martyrdom. In 430 her relics were brought to the Aventine, where a basilica, which is very interesting in the history of art, is called after St. Sabina. Originally the church was dedicated to both saints. The feast of St. Sabina is celebrated on 29 August.

6. Thomas N Amaravathi

Great faith even at the face of death that St.Sabina's.

7. josephMathew

It is faith that commits a person to martyrdom. St. Sabina, pray for me to increase my faith!

8. Joseph E. Christopher

In Sri Lanka during the reign of Dutch in 18th century Some Christians living in Mannar were killed because they were Christians and they were trying to protect the statue of Our Lady from being destroyed. This statue was found after so many years from inside a tree which is a common species in Mannar and even now being venerated at Madhu Shrine which is visited by all religious faiths during annual festivals of Our Lady.

My point is that these martyrs are not pronounced as saints though a church was built in the place where they were killed. My question is how could Sabina was declared a saint when her real history is not known and whether sh had performed any miracles to be elevated to the Saint hood.

9. richard lewis

the word "its" doesn't take an apostrophe when it is a possessive modifier, therefore, "its trustworthiness" is the correct spelling. you use the apostrophe when you are contracting "it" and "is" as in "it's great to learn about saint sabina." big difference.

10. kerore stephen

I am happy that this information will increase my mother's faith because she knew nothing about her patron saint.thanks a lot.

11. miSs TrishA

tHAnk yOu fOr thIS iNFo abOut SainT sAbiNA...tHAnks ALOt...thIS iS mY hoMEwoRk..hehehe...tHAnk yOu!!

12. Tim A. Troutman

Thank you Father. I agree.

13. Fr. Kevin Hanlon MM

Thanks for the info on St. Sabina. May I suggest that instead of the word "Supposedly," you use the words, "According to local traditions," or something like that? "Supposedly" sounds like you feel someone might be trying to pull one over on you, and that is not what you want to say.