St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. yesenia

i really do luv to learn about saint mary cuz she was a brave women i wish one day i can meet her face to face but i cant cuz shes dead.oh well?!:S

2. thelma

what a great saint she was , it is also wonderful my bunkmate is lucy.

3. Paulina

I think that she is so awesome and her story just really touched my heart.<3

4. kat

thank you! I wish more people today would look at saints as role-model.....we would have a great world.......................................

5. Barbie <333

Thanks ur website was helpful. St. Lucy was a wonderful person. i <3 penguins

6. Andreja

I am going to pick St. Lucy for my confimation name. I never knew St. Lucy did so many good deads. I am thrilled to have Lucy as my confirmation name!

7. natmac

I choose saint lucy for my confirmation saint! my sister who is my confirmation saint helped me pick her! my sister is amazing and i want to be just like her!

8. Holly

Saint Lucy is a wonderful saint to emulate! She is a blessing to us all. My future daughter will be named Lucy, after such a great saint and my amazing grandmother!

9. maddi maddi maddi maddi

this was very helpful. I chose st.lucy as my confirmation name. When i was in 3rd grade i did a report on her and have felt connected to her ever since. you can never find too much information about a saint that has lived several years centries ago. This site was great! :)

10. Ciara

Yes im picking Lucy as my confo name and i found this very usfull, altho it was a bit short =(

11. connie fears

I have enjoyed reading all the comments about Good St. Lucy and I am greatful for the information on her life. My husband, Jim, had eye surgery in Oct 2010. He has developed an infection behind that eye and having a very difficult time healing. He has an appointment this Thursday, Jan 13. Please St. Lucy hear me and intercede for Jim to our Lord Jesus Christ that my husband will be healed completely and his sight restored like new. I trust in you Jesus, Divine Mercy. Please St. Lucy ask our Lord to heal Jim's eye.

12. upana

I LOVE ST.Lucy Sge was a really good saint weird lol!

13. Ciara

I love Saint Lucy. I am going to pick her for my Confirmation. I think I am the third person in my class to choose a Saints name and we are making it in March.

14. Allison

I've just picked Saint Lucy to be my saint for conformation that wont happen for me for 4 or 5 years. Her story just inspires me, others chose St Jude, St Valentine, just because of there patron saint of _____, or the saint's feast day is their birthday, But i chose Saint Lucy because of her story, its sad but very inspiring.

From an inspired catholic girl,

Allison

15. kyleigh

wow

16. em

i was doing research on her for my homework and i think that kind of torture is horrid

17. crystal hayworth

saint lucinda is a very important saint next to micheal the archangel and i wish they gave more information on her because i heard that she had a dagger through her throat and could still speak, that is a true miracle of god

18. Erin

When I was 9 (12 years ago) i lost my eyesight completely. It was bizarre and doctors had no idea what to make of it. The family priest came to visit and told me and my family about St. Lucy and told us to pray to her. A week later, my eyesight gradually began to come back. St. Lucy holds a very special place in my heart and I know she is always with me. I took her name as my confirmation name and I am eternally grateful for her intercession and my eyesight which is still better than when I initially went blind.

19. Manola

SANTA LUCIA PREGA PER NOI!
    PRAY FOR US DEAR SAINT LUCY!

20. grainne teeling

Dear Saint Lucy
    I pray that you watch over my boys as they go through their treatment. Help their eyes to heal and help them to get better and make a full recovery

please hear my prayer and help my boys

xx