St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. shelton wijesiri

I am very very happy to learn more and more about saints and angels with the help of ewtn.I love very much and thanksfull to regarding this.Also I like to take opportunity to prey to St.Lucy please prey for all blind people and all others with good vission.

2. Wendy Bracy

St. Lucy Please pray for my son Jasen Chad Bracy II he is 5 years old, and has
    Lost his sight to cancer ( retinoblastoma ). Thank you

3. Theresa

Saint Lucy
    MY FATHER WAS DIAGNOSED WITH macular degenerative eye disease which in time he will go blind.
    PLEASE SAINT LUCY PLEASE PROTECT MY DADS EYES FROM GOING BLIND.

AMEN AMEN AMEN

4. thomas panicker

St.Lucy pls pray for my eyes as i mv problem in eyesight Thanks

5. Jennifer

St. Lucy please intercede for me. My dad has lost vision in one of eyes. Please ask that his eyesight be restored. Thank you.

6. Catherine

Please pray to St Lucy for Brett who just sustained a severe eye injury.

7. james edward gerard fox

please pray to dear st lucy for me to totally stop the rolling up effect with my eyes for good

8. Chelsea

i have been a fan of saint lucy and did reports in her since i was in second grade..and now she is going to be my confirmation name!!!!!!YAYAYAY....i love herr

9. ngitir

st lucy pray for my eyes which are not too good and my relationship which is decaying

10. Jackie Alves

I have been praying for my boyfriends eyes. His eyes have been hurting him and his vision hasn't been the best. I looked up Saints who protect your eyes and I am so glad I am now able to pray to Saint Lucy. Can you please help my boyfriend to regain his vision and protect his eyes each and every single day. Also please protect everyone who is dealing with an eye problem. Please help them to see the beauty that they are missing in the world. I will continue to pray to you.

11. Avintah

pray for the person Lisa whos surgey went bad.

12. Lisa

St. Lucy, please pray for me. My right eye was damaged due to a surgical error and left me also with severe nerve damage. Please make my life more manageable so that I may enjoy my 2 children and one day see again without pain.

13. jillian

i was looking for saints names and i looked at a few already but this one really helped so right now i dont know who to pick!!! what female saint should i pick because i need help chooding?

14. louis quagkia

When my older sister was 6 yrs old she needed to have eye surgery, The day before the operation my mother and father went to St Lucy church in Brooklyn to pray that the operation would be a success. And if it was they would have another child and if it was a girl would name her Lucy. The operation was a success . and i was born about one year later. because i was born a male my parents named Louis. so i owe my life to you St Lucy. i turned fifty on April 1 2011 .

15. Eliza

I had to do research on someone that inspires me for homework. For a long time I've been intrested about St Lucy. When I was little i got a Saints book from my dad, i read them all in a day and St Lucy was my favourite. Now I can read what she has suffered and been through, and am really thanlful for what i have.

16. Mary

To everyone who reads this. Please pray for the son of my dear friend who was in an accident and lost sight in one of his eyes. This kid is a good person. In spite of a major trauma to his brain and head, and in spite of multiple painful surgeries, he is always happy and kind, and optimistic. This is a young man who was an exceptional athlete and may not be able to get back to sports, but it seems it has not dampened his spirit. Please ask St. Lucy to intercede for him to regain his sight if it be God's will. Thank you.

17. Sarah

St. Lucy, Please pray for me. I am having eye pain and the discomfort frightens me. Pray that I will be not afraid and that there is nothing wrong. I struggle with worry, please pray that I will not worry too much. Be with me and help me as I pray to God for health and comfort. Amen

18. Sasha

I'm doing research on Saint Lucy, and I need some facts. Maybe people could write some facts in bullet points for me? Thanks :)

19. Ciara

St Lucy is my confirmation name and I am having a lot of trouble with my eyes so I have began to research St Lucy as I know she is the patron saint of the blind and eye troubles etc. What is the green thing she holds in the image on this page? In different images I can't tell whether it is a palm leaf or a feather? Does she have a motto of any kind? Answers would be really appreciated, thanks :)

20. lucy

i could use more info but i am using lucy as my conformation name