St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. Sylvia Cano

Dear St. Lucy,
    Sweet light from heaven and patron saint of eye problems, please help my son Ramon with his vision and help the doctors who are trying to correct his problem with the second laser treatment. Please help him to physically overcome this affliction that suddenly came on in his young adulthood, and I pray to you to help keep him strong spiritually no matter what the outcome and I thank you for granting the opportunity to share with others who are seeking your most blessed intervention. Saint Lucy, pray for us.

2. Christa

Dear St. Lucy, thank you from the bottom of my heart for answering my prayers for my mother's eyesight. Please continue to protect her eyes from further damage and if it is God's will, allow her eyes to heal.

3. KATHY

ST LUCY,
    PLEASE HELP RESTORE MY SISTER'S JANE VISION TO BACK TO NORMAL. SHE SUFFERED A STROKE A WEEK AGO AT THE AGE OF 51 AND WE ARE SO LUCKY TO HAVE HER ALIVE, BUT IT HAS AFFECTED HER VISION IN THE LEFT EYE. PLEASE ANSWER OUR PRAYERS.

4. Sarah

Dear St. Lucy,
    Please pray for a wonderful young man named Tyson. His eyesight was greatly affected after a brain surgery in February 2011. The eye troubles he is experiencing have caused many other problems with his recovery. He will be having another surgery next week to hopefully help fix some of the problems he is having with his eyes. Thank you so much St. Lucy! We are praying for a miracle!

5. Mary Anne

Dear St. Lucy,

Please intercede for Michael who had an optic nerve eye stroke and has lost his vision. Please help him to accept or be able to heal from what he is experiencing. He is a loving and gentle man and is accepting what the Lord has given him, but would love to be able to see his daughter just one more time. Thank you.

6. Mrs Gillian May

Dear St Lucy, Please pray for my husband Terry, his pressure in his Glaucoma Eye, the only one he has left has risen and they are trying to get the pressure down, we have to attend hospital in 4 days time, and please pray the pressure is reduced.

Please ask our Lord to watch over him, I have no one else in this world only him, and I love him so dearly, please protect him and watch over him.

Please grant prayers to all who have asked for blessings and also my husband. I prayed with you last year when he had his eye operation, and thankfully you helped, I have been ever grateful, but now need to put this on paper and share with others.

God Bless

7. Suzanne

St Lucy. Please keep my daughter Amanda's eyes healthy I have faith in your devotion and love of Jesus and know in my heart that you have heard my prayer, Thank you,,,,,

8. Mike

Dear Saint Lucy:

Please intercede for me, so that my Mother's eyesight will improve. Please clear up her right eye so that she can see better. Please do not let her sight get any worse

9. TERESA

Dear St. Lucy, please I am begging you and Jesus to heal my left eye. I have been dealing with the burning, redness and watering eye for 4 years, and the Dr's can't help me.

Thank You.

10. Anabel

Saint Lucy, I ask for your intercession for my brother and father who have glaucoma,and for my son, who has had very bad eye allergies, please intercede, that God may give them all their healing.Amen

11. elizabeth

I picked this saint for my com formation because I liked the name and please pray for my mum she has to have eye suregy for driving.

12. Tina

Saint Lucy, I ask of you to watch over my baby boy of 5 months who has retinoblastoma. Keep him safe as he undergoes treatments on this eyes. I ask that you please restore his vision in his right eye. I thank you for giving us the knowledge to catch it early. As you helped my family generations ago, I call upon you to interceed on behalf of my son. Thank you.

13. Miranda

I picked this saint as my confimation st. because she had eye problems, and so does my best friend so it was perfect. I pray for her :D

14. Mary McCloy

Dear Saint Lucy, Please intercede for me that my vision be restored. I have double vision in both eyes and peripheral vision loss from a stroke and my vision has gotten much worse over the past year. Please heal my eyes and anyone else who implores you to help them also, losing sight as you know, is devastating. Thank You So Much Saint Lucy, Love Mary McCloy In Ohio 43 yrs. old

15. carmen lopez

ok m doing a reporr on her and this was very helpfull...wven rhough it didnt say when.se died or was born.

16. Human

Pls destroy my enemies, They planings always for destroy my life and family. i forgive them but pls do something to them. God blessings

17. Cindy

yeah kaitlin i also choose her as my confirmation saint im only in 6th gr. but im getting confirmed soon

18. Charlotte

I am using Lucy for my conformation name. Her story is great

19. KAITLIN

right now i have st lucy as a confirmation saint i picked her because i also have eye problems at first i did not think this would be fun but once i got to learn about her it was fun and she is the saint i always pray to so i would inspire future 5,6,7,8, or 9 graders to pick her as a confirmation saint

20. shannah

very usful thanks for all this information on ST.Lucy