St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. Evangelinne

St. Lucy, please pray for the homeless and those who lost their jobs due to cuts and bunckrupcy. Provide for the homeless shelters and clothing for the children. St. Lucy. We pray that God will empower the poor and the forgotten in the nursing homes and hospitals to get well, to get visits from family members and to be ready to see Jesus through your prayers.
    St. Lucy pray for us sinners in the hour of our death. Amen

2. sheryl aurellano

dear st. lucy... please help my cousin who is suffering for breast cancer please heal her for her for kids aged 16, 14, 5 and 5 month..... thank you so much.... the doctor told us that prayer can only saved her in this situation.

3. georges and julie Medelice

Dear Sainte Lucy,
    Pray for us to stay always a family christian, and an example for human being.Make us a light every where we will be and guide us in the right way always, the way of Jesus, the True Light, the Only Truth, and the only Way for Eternal life in peace !
    Amen,
    Georges and julie Medelice and children Joy and Jacob

4. cherry

St. Lucy.....please help my daughter to get her eyesight back to normal....she need it very badly for her coming college entrance examinations and her course to take up....that she could be able to landed a job in her choosen career ...and live a normal life.....thank you so much

5. Barbie

PLese pray for our 6 yr old son who has been placed on the corneal transplant list. Many thanks.

6. ccollins

St Lucy i always pray to you and i thank you for watching over my baby as she under went her iol surgery in nov 2012 there were no complications now the dr is trying to say different post op but i bind it and i pray that you st lucy continue to restore chaniya s vision to 20/20 pefect vision from now to through out her entire life and i pray that you restore her poor vision to perfect vision in her left eye and that she does not have to undergo anymore surgerys st . lucy ...and her right also functions properly also st lucy to help her use her left more amen

7. Diane

Today is my little brother's homecoming from 6 months in Afghanistan. I have travelled for 6 hours with my mother and 4 year old daughter to see him. Last night at diner, I noticed that my daughter had conjuntivitis. We took her to a local emergency room and she was given some drops. When I went to give her the drops this morning, she had it in both eyes. Please pray that this goes away before my brother comes home or that no one else contracts it. Thank you so much and Semper Fidelis!

8. Christoper Villanueva

a Church also dedicated to saint lucy is at Brgy. Perez, Bulakan, Bulacan

9. Nigel Jose

St.Lucy please pray to the Lord for all of us preparing for our examinations in February.Please be a light for all of us in our pursuit of Jesus.Amen.

10. Raine

St. Lucie, Please watch over my beloved dog Lucie who passed on 12/10/12 your feast month. We named her in honor of my father who passed 1/7/01 in Port St. Lucie Florida, She was born 1/10/01. She was a rescue my brother found for us. My brother is dying of cancer, living with me. She was the "light" of my life.Please guide her to greet my brother when he crosses over, and watch over her and help her find me when I cross over. Amen

11. Eustace singine

St Lucy, you brave all that came your way for the love of our Lord Jesus Christ and you were killed for absolutely nothing at all, pray for me that i have Christ in my heart and soul through out my earthly life and also pray for me that i have good sight the entire rest of my earthly life. i pray that you intercede for me through our Lord and Savor Jesus Christ, the Living GOD. Amen

12. mary mason

St.Lucy I started my eye problem four years ago. I had catract surgery and my eyes were alright till this Thanksgiving. When I notice my left eye could't hadly see out of it' has gotten wrost.My right eye I'am finding had to read small print. I'am going to see a speailist for my eyes at the beginning of the new year.I PRAY all the time that my sight will improve, I ANOIST my eyes with holy water every day,so please pray foe me thank you

13. Wilma

Dear St Lucy, please pray interceeding for my eyes. I really don't know what is wrong but I do know part is dry eyes and pain and sometimes burning. The Doctors try to help with drops but even drops sometimes present a problem. Thanks be to God thru Jesus Christ. Thank you.

14. Trish

Dear st Lucy, please help Ashton sight and his eye to get better and be nothing serious and back to normal. Thankyou so much I will keep praying go hou

15. Joseph Mathew

St. Lucy, Please pray for me to seek the will of God always and to place him above everything else in life.

16. Victoria Richard

Thank you Saint Lucy for helping me in my time of need. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

17. Laura Englehart

Dear St. Lucy, I found you to be such an inspirational Saint that I took your name in Confirmation as my Saint. I haven't prayed to you for a long time, but now I am coming
    to you on Dec. 13, your Feast Day for your prayers and intercession for my Bob's eyes. He has had problems with his eyes for some time now and we are so in need of your
    love and prayers. Please intercede for my eyes too, St. Lucy, as they have been giving me
    some trouble lately. I ask for this through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Thank you dear St. Lucy.

18. Doris

Dear St. Lucy, Thank you for being the patron saint of the blind and eye impairment. In my daily morning prayers, I implore that the Lord protect me and my family, friends and loved ones of any accident especially from driving during this season when rain, snow and darkness make visibility difficult to see the road and pedestrians. I admire your simplicity and courage to defend your faith. How i wished I have the same faith as yours. St. Lucy, please pray for me and my intentions. Amen

19. Duane

Please pray with me:

Dear Sicilian Virgin and Martyr

You valiantly rejected great promises and resisted several threats in remaining faithful to your beloved Lord.
    For centuries Christians have invoked you particularly when suffering from eye trouble.
    So now we implore your assistance on behalf of Annie K and Johnny K. We also ask you to teach us to imitate you and to avoid spiritual blindness of any kind. Amen.

20. Ignatius Abruzzo

I hve been praying to Saint Lucy all my life.