St. Lucy Comments

Lucy's name means "light", with the same root as "lucid" which means "clear, radiant, understandable." Unfortunately for us, Lucy's history does not match her name. Shrouded in the darkness of time, all we really know for certain is that this brave woman who lived in Syracuse lost her life in the persecution of Christians in the early fourth century. Her veneration spread to Rome so that by the sixth century the ... Continue Reading

1. Paola Martinez

Who is the author of this selection?

2. 3!3N@

ST LUCY IS MY CONFERMATION SAINT THIS WEBSITE IS TIGHT!!!

3. alcia

this has helped me do my report hope it gets an A heheheheheheheheehehehehehehehheehheh coment if u love me

4. Meg

Next week is my confirmation and I feel blessed with the holy spirit already to have have such a good site to give me so much meaning to my saints name!

Bless us all that we have found such a good site to save us from too much homework!

Oh by the way Lucy of course you can! You can use any saint name if I really wanted to I could choose a male saint!

Love to all the world and others from Meg age 11 turns twelve on the 19th of August! two more days!

Bless God!

5. Martha Mae

I love Saint Lucy, she is a GREAT role model and I really look up to her. She is a Great Saint for My saint report!
    Martha <3 4 God

6. Lucy

My name is Lucy and I want to choose Lucy again for my confirmation name. Am I allowed to.

7. brooke

my name is Brooke and I don't know if I should choose Lucy to be my name.

8. micky :)

i chose saint Lucy as my confirmation name because she has such an inspirational story. she kept her faith in god even in her last few moments. :)

9. hayley

i could use a little bit more information for my school project

10. Nicholas Landholt

A few years ago I read somewhere that St. Lucia was the patron of salesmen, but I did not see that here. Would you be able to provide some more info, please? Thank you, and Godspeed.

11. bethy

Lucy is my confirmation name!!!
    i am a fan of Lucy
    Lucy is my best friend
    not saint Lucy
    cool
    love u saint Lucy

12. Jenna

I like St. Lucy because she was so brave, and stood by what she believed in. We too should be true to ourselves. I choose Lucy as my confirmation name. :-)

13. Mary

I'm going to pick her as my confirmation name
    I really love this saint
    None of the saints i looked at really stuck
    But i feel i have learned so much and i could of used some more info
    but i think we all could learn from god and ourselves:)
    Thanks So Much!!!

14. micky

so cool i could use a little bit of info

15. Alessandra

im doing my confirmation soon and im so choosing Lucy as my confirmation name!!!!!

16. Lucy

St. Lucy is an amazing Saint!!!!!! Shes so brave and the best!!!! I'm writing a paper about St. Lucy and it really hard to find exact dates that I need but this article was very helpful!!! Thank- you
    Lucy

17. Grete

this was a great article. i chose her as my confirmation name cause i love it!!!!

18. amy

SHES MY CONFIRMATION SAINT 2 !!!

19. Chaney

I choose St. Lucy as my confirmation saint as well!

20. emily

yeah, this website and info was helpful! I chose saint Lucy for my confirmation name and needed information on her to write a report. Thanks again!=))<3