St. Laura Comments

St. Laura died in 864 a martyr. Born in Cordova, Spain, she became a nun at Cuteclara after she was widowed, and was scalded to death by her Moorish captors. Feast Day Oct. 19. Continue Reading

1. Naoise

I think this website doesn't have a lot of information, I would like to learn more about her as I am 10 and nearly 11, I have chosen her name for my confirmation on 13th March 1013, I need to fill out a fact file about her and have it in for tomorrow and I can't find a lot of information.

*Name has been changed for safety reasons.

2. alyesha

i wish st lara was still alive

3. alyesha

i wish st lara was still alive

4. Laura Dawn Ledbetter

hmmm.....my name first name Laura, my last name Ledbetter, pronounced "Lead better" that's kinda weird.

5. Laura

I would love more info on St. Laura. By coincidence my parents named me Laura and my birthday is Oct 19th. An then my finacee's family originally came from Cordoba Spain. As well my church is Our Lady of Assumption, and St. Laura's was the Cathedral of Our Lady of Assumption. When I was young I use to dream about a room of archways, in yellow and white mosaics...turns out that's one of the reason this church is famous-for the room of archways. I saw it by accident watching the traveling channel and was like "wow".

6. Terry Washington

Hmm-the only other saint named Laura was Blessed Laura Vicuna( of Chilean descent) and the most well known woman with that name was former First Lady Laura Bush!

Terry

7. Laura

This is so cool we have the same name and my birthday is October 19th so cool and strange coincidence

8. laura

OMG thats my name

9. Shana Corabelle

oh...I have a strange dream about St.Laura before. Some people said that she's my guardian Angel,but I'm born on October of 12 not 19.

10. jaslin

omg its so horrible how she died!!

11. Laura

This is the strangest coincidence:

The other day, I was in the gift shop at Carmel Mission, looking for a saint medal to give to a friend who's been going through a tough time.

After I'd found hers (Mary), I asked the shopkeeper if there was a St. Laura (which you think I would know after attending Catholic schools for 16 years).

She told me there was and printed out her story. When I saw St. Laura's feast day, I was shocked: it's my birthday (October 19th).

The funny thing: I'm a food writer and chronicle stories of deep-frying all the time (with no nightmares so far). I guess St. Laura's looking out for me!

12. laura

wow .. my name us laura too !

13. Adriana

such a hard and creul wat to die but when was she born???

14. Jessica

Im taking this name for my conformation :]
    I think its a lovely name itsa lousy how she died ]:

15. LAURA :D

I was so excited to see I had a saint! But . . . thats a horrible way to die . . . it gives me goosebumps.

16. Lauren

my name is lauren and i am glad that she stood up for her faith in god

17. regina

My daughter is Laura, i am pleased to know she has a feast day.

18. jasmin

my best friend is named Laura its awesome

19. laura

my name is Laura i love the saint Laura too

20. Laura's granddaughter

OMGosh! I was going to have my siant named after my other grandmother, Ida, but suprisingly, this one has more. Thankyou!