St. Bernardine of Siena Comments

In the year 1400, a young man came to the door of the largest hospital in Siena. A plague was raging through the city so horrible that as many as twenty people died each day just in the hospital alone. And many of the people who died were those who were needed to tend the ill. It was a desperate situation -- more and more people were falling ill and fewer and fewer people were there to help them. The twenty-year-old man who stood there had ... Continue Reading

1. Beth

Dear Saint Bernardine of Siena,

I can't breath. Please pray for me that my lungs will clear of this congestion. Thank you.

2. Susan

Please cure my father of his lung ailment that appeared after his stroke. For some reason he now needs oxygen and cannot get rid of his wet cough. St. Bernadine, please intercede and cure my father.

3. Bernardine

Knowing the history of my patron saint is more of a guide in living m Life! Pray and intercede on m behalf St Bernardine always IJN. Amen

4. John Siar

Probably because the derivative of his name, Bernardine, sounds and looks to most Americans/English speakers as a female name. I prefer to call him St. Bernardino. St Bernardino pray for us in the Holy Name of Jesus!

5. susan peppard

Thank you, Saint Peregrine for your interceding for those with lung issues.

6. Charis

Praying to Saint Bernardino of Siena for my brother, Nathan's lungs. He has both a bacteria and a virus affecting his lungs and causing great difficulty in his cancer recovery.
    Pray that his lungs clear and the virus gets under control.

7. D. O.

Praying to St. Bernadine helped my mother suffering direly from respiratory ailments. Doctors said she would die, but she did not -- in fact, she turned the corner for the better once insightful prayer began. I still give him thanks in my prayers.

8. ana

St. Bernardine please pray for us...amen !!!

9. paul

since iam in that field lord give me energy to see patients as my bro and sisters st bernardine pray for us all amen

10. VICTOR KRISHNASAMI

We hear shameful words but not bothered to correct the person, who speaks it,
    We see people suffering in various diseases but we have not bothered to help,
    We comment and criticize the priests about their sermons but not thought out such sermons only build the Holy church,
    We forget to pray but we live because of such saints prayers.
    Lord God we are sinners forgive us.
    FILL US WITH YOUR HOLY SPIRIT.
    St. Bernardine of Siena pray for us.

11. V Jones

I think that Saint Bernardine was a hard worker. In Jesus' name I thank him and others like him.

12. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Bernardine,
    Please pray for me!

13. Ricardo

Very Impressive life...a man who's dedication's life was to serve his neighbors and God. Very good example to us as Jesus followers.

14. JCBearss

This one meant a lot to me today

15. John Adams

Some helpful information to supplement the basic biography I have in my Breviary.

16. mady

i think this guy was a great saint but why is he in the female section?