St. John of God Comments

From the time he was eight to the day he died, John followed every impulse of his heart. The challenge for him was to rush to follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit gave him, not his own human temptations. But unlike many who act impulsively, when John made a decision, no matter how quickly, he stuck with it, no matter what the hardship. At eight years old, John heard a visiting priest speak of adventures that were waiting in the age of ... Continue Reading

1. GIna Laidlaw Berger

May we be so bold as to LIVE out our faith like John, and not just to talk about it. What are each of us going to say to God when He asks us why we knew something and did not spring into action?

2. Catherina

What a compassionate person. More people should be this way toward everyone regardless of faith or ethnicity. The world then with God's help, would be a better place for everyone.

3. Preston

This helped me a lot. Being a person with a heart problem and having an upcoming Confirmation paper due, I needed this. Thanks Again

4. peter griffin

there should b a saint thta loves HORSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. joe, malta

Just heard about him tonight. Looked him up and, yes, John of God is a true saint, inspiring and gives one hope that truely nothing is impossible to God! God bless your work at Catholic Online! Courage!

6. pablo

he is my saint 4 my religon project yea!

7. Ruth Griffin

A very inspiring story,itreally touched my heart spiritually.

8. Br Finnian Gallagher

Thank you for this inspiring account of the Father of the Poor, Man of Compassion - Saint John of God- whose passion for the sick and needy is kept alive by the Brothers and Co-Workers of the Hospitaller Order of Saint John of God in more than 50 countries worldwide. Please join me in praying that John's compassion be kept alive by others who will follow in his footsteps. finnian dot gallagher at sjog dot ie

9. Ali Mohamed

UHHHHHH hello see im a little insecure with how i feel towards my fewllow people in the us ! i feel they have harmed my ancesters and i feels it neccesary to rain bombs aand kill innocent children but you know if you could get back to me and we could ave a a chat maybe i can be persuaded until then toodles
    mohamed

10. Gabriel

I choose st.John of god BECAUSE hE Was a good person.

11. Giann's Mom

My son Giann is also afflicted with heart ailment, and I want him to be inspired by St. John of God's life and service to God. I am so glad I named him Giann - which is an Italian name for John - and I am so happy when I found that the patron saint for those who have heart ailment is St. John of God.

12. genesis

this is a good thing thing to read and i love it

13. yanira

i love this story so much i am very glad i found this website.

14. Jazmin Mawyin

I love the story, by the time i reached the end, i was crying through my nose!

15. Angela Killion

This is awesome and really informative....I think I found my son's baptismal name. :)

16. kxym

what a beautiful life story. by the time i reached the end, i was crying buckets!

17. F. Jal˘to

It's a pitty that the author of the text doesn't mention that John of God is born in Portugal, and is one of the glory's of Portuguese Catholic Church and Nation...

18. jessby

really. quite inspiring.
    i was inspired just reading that.

19. rhamzell

This saint will forever be in my heart and mind. He inspires me to do good in serving the Lord through helping others. Really inspiring.