St. John of God Comments

From the time he was eight to the day he died, John followed every impulse of his heart. The challenge for him was to rush to follow the promptings of the Holy Spirit gave him, not his own human temptations. But unlike many who act impulsively, when John made a decision, no matter how quickly, he stuck with it, no matter what the hardship. At eight years old, John heard a visiting priest speak of adventures that were waiting in the age of ... Continue Reading

1. lydia

good evening i heard about st john of god i dont know how to get in contact for a pray i sufer very badly with tinnitis

2. Lynne

St.John, please watch over my dad. He is in heart failure at the hospital and needs yours and Gods intervention. Please hear my prayer and help him come through this. He's only 63. Thank you, and amen.

3. Tammy

Dear.St.John Of God,
    My father is having bypass surgery. He is 71 with heart failure. I beg of you to watch over and protect him and to guide the surgeons hands for a successful outcome, with a speedy recovery. Amen

4. Luis

St John of God i ask you holy intercession to our Lord, for baby Audrey she is a week old and will be receiving heart surgery, please pray for her and the surgeon and staff, oh patron saint for heart patients, nurses and hospitals. May all the infants in the ICU be healed by the power of God all mighty. You and the saints that are close to our celestial father, help her that she too can claim his victory. All the Glory and honor to God. Amen.

5. john

Being Portuguese and being a heart attack surviour.....and being impulsive....I pray to you St. John of God to help me and my family in all our needs. Help me to be healthy enough to take care of my family, give me a new job to provide for my families needs. I also ask to protect my heart from farther damage of heart attacks so that I can service God longer on this earth. I ask for you to convert our sons Bradleys heart to walk on Gods path and to do Gods will in his life. I ask for a special intention to be brought to God for my family....an addition if God cares to give us another child. We bring all these needs so that you can intercede for us in front of God, Jesus and Mother Mary and all the angels and holy saints. Amen.

6. Jason Chua

Dear St John of God, please help to pray for my friend Gary Ong who has stomach cancer. Please pray for the Lord's healing hand to be on him to heal him. May he be blessed with good health, strength and strong fighting spirit to overcome the illness and have a speedy recovery. Amen.

7. ginger

Never heard of him until one of my friends, upon hearing that I have just been diagnosed with serious heart problems, sent me a Saint John of God medal and a card with the prayer to Saint John of God on the back. I am one of those people who always 'rationalizes' myself out of doing good works of mercy. Perhaps the Holy Spirit and Saint John of God will inspire me to do things a bit more impulsively for the sake of others, and as Saint John said 'for the good of myself'. God help me and bless you all.

8. Shawn

OK this guy ios cool in all but my mother thinks that he is like me. and his nothing like me she wont listen to what i have to say please help me

9. rossindahouse

he is AWESOME

10. Catherine

St. John of God please pray for my brother Ed. He is going through heart surgery again today. He is a combat Vietnam vet. It's only been a few years now that he is finally having a normal life. He screams in his sleep every night. He finally got help in the late 90's through the grace of God. He will never be perfectly normal, like most men who go through combat. However, he has done so much better. Please keep him in your prayers.

11. Louella Ramos

I could see myself as St. John of God, because of our similarities
    1st I was born March 8 , 2nd Iam a student Nurse 3rd I love helping people in a great need...

12. Catholic

SAINT JOHN OF GOD, PRAY FOR US!

13. Mrs. Drake

Today is the feast day of St. John of God. I always ask for favors from the Saints on their feast days. Sister Anne Catherine Emmerich, (1774-1824) from her biography she says, "The feast of a saint is his true harvest day. On it he dispenses his gifts as a tree does its fruits." I am so glad to know we can ask them for thier favors from God. I very much liked reading the life of St. John of God. It truly inspires us in our journey to heaven. The short prayer at the end of the story is very thoughtful. Thank you for your website.

14. Maryanne

My brother John was born on March 8 1947. His name was chosen from a catholic calendar.He past away ..,shortly after serving in Viet Nam. He must have been blessed by John of God as he was a special person..loved by many.Everyone seemed to admire him he was so good. He loved God. He & the girl with him on a first date died instantly in a lone roll over car wreck.He was my big brother,and I could do no wrong he always watched over me.I was so proud that he was my brother because everyone liked him so very much. Rest in peace my beloved big brother.I love and miss you very much! Sissy

15. clancy

what an inspiration! i am very impulsive at times, it's good to know that that is not always a bad thing.

16. Bonnie

St. John of God has been one of my favorite saints ever since I read his biography a year or two ago, I just wanted to read his story again on his feast day today (Mar 8). I especially like what he used to say while collecting alms for the poor,"Do good for yourselves!"

17. david

its made my day,had never heard of him befor, why have the church not made us more aare of this wonderfull saint.

18. carrmenvazquez

What an inspiring life! Today is my sister´s birthday and I´m going to send her this info as an spiritual gift...It´s good to learn that St. John is the firefighters´ guardian so when I see one of their trucks I´ll pray for them asking for his protection...

19. Martin

The story of Saint John of God brings to mind the movie 'Forest Gump'. I like it that we can all flow in the direction the Holy Spirit takes us. We must just let go and let him take us there. God bless all.

20. Tom

This Saints story is a life like most of us early on, and a example of how to become a man of Jesus Christ later in life. From Selfishness to Selflessness, a true love story of Our Lord. I also recommend you read about a modern Martyr in Shabbaz Bhatti. A great way to start my day with these to examples of Christian Faith.