St. John of the Cross Comments

Born in Spain in 1542, John learned the importance of self-sacrificing love from his parents. His father gave up wealth, status, and comfort when he married a weaver's daughter and was disowned by his noble family. After his father died, his mother kept the destitute family together as they wandered homeless in search of work. These were the examples of sacrifice that John followed with his own great love -- God. When the family finally ... Continue Reading

1. mia

This is my first time on this site and i already love this site it is very helpfullllll =) =) =)

2. nero

what is he the patron of?!

3. silvia

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE saint john. he is beautiful and fills my life with meaning. He completes me and he is my lo0ver! (; <3

4. Maureen Nzekwe

I love st. john of the cross. Just started reading about him.He is a great person. i love his reflections on the passions of Jesus and how the cross affects our every day life. I feel that i am very connected to St John of the Cross. I intend to start reading about him and i feel i will find the answers i am seeking in my own life through him.

5. Stephen

St. John of the Cross is a wonderful example of sacrifice for the Lord. We can not all follow this path by our own choice, but rather live the life God has given us. I believe Jesus Christ died so we do not need to suffer again. Rather we need to Love our family and fellow humans. Love can be expressed by contributing to life in a honest profession, or volunteering in the community for the least of our brothers and sisters. But to suffer for the sake of suffering to make a point does not bring the Divine Presence here to those living in our complex world. Love does. Weekly participating the Eucharistic celebration does, along withreading scripture sitting in silence of your room and listening for God every day.

6. Grace.V.Porter

st.John must of been sooooooooo brave. I'm writing a report on him.

7. nanaphan

Today is the Feast of St John of the Cross. EWTN made a story about him.
    So I read more about this saint. I find St. John to be truly very inspiring for all of us, especially for the people feeling rejected and depressed. I hope also that I remember St John of the Cross in my darkest moments.

8. roseo64

i hope i remember when i hit a dry or down time to invoke st. john of the cross.
    will try to find his poems

9. Maureen Wilkins

We are praying for a young 16 year old girl who has been kidnapped in Venezuela and have included in our pleas to heaven the intercession of St. John of the Cross who came to know the anguish and loneliness of being abducted and kept away from his dear ones. That St. John wrote beautiful poems about the love of God in such dire circumstances is a tremendous witness to the transforming power of love for our Lord.

10. p. etienne

i have been moved sooooo much by st john.. the read the story is amazing. there is much spiritaul food in the most darkest of places.

11. Kemina

St. John of The Cross (San Juan de la cruz)
    Praise the Lord for the lovely 'Living Flame of Love' :-)

12. Geraldine- Uganda

Very helpful,i luv St john,

13. beth

my grade school is named after him! he was a great saint

14. GMB

Thank you for a beautiful and informative article.

15. elena

thank you St.John :) MORE of this please more of you Jesus!

16. lorac

indeed, there is joy in suffering.

17. sam

i like him and think he will fill a spot