St. John Bosco Comments

What do dreams have to with prayer? Aren't they just random images of our mind? In 1867 Pope Pius IX was upset with John Bosco because he wouldn't take his dreams seriously enough. Nine years earlier when Pope Pius IX met with the future saint who worked with neglected boys, he learned of the dreams that John had been having since the age of nine, dreams that had revealed God's will for John's life. So Pius IX had made a request, "Write down ... Continue Reading

1. WELL

THANK YOU LORD....I LOVE U SAINT.....REMEMBER THANK YOU ALL SAINT....

2. Julia Beyer

This was very helpful! i needed to find 3 interesting facts about saint John Bosco and i found all of them here

3. Colleen

Please pray for all my intentions, children are involved Please intercede myddeear friend needs a miracle to help her brother and his family! Thanks in advance I have every confidance in you as I am a dear friend of ST. Theresa of the little flower.who has never let me down. This is also an opportunity to bring a family back to Our dear Lord.

4. carmen vazquez

Yesterday was St. John Bosco feast day...our parish is named after him, so we had a great day from morning to night with lots of young and enthusiastic boys and girls who organized a lot of activities including masses, games, food stands, shows, etc..everybody looked so happy...I thank our blessed saint for leaving us such a great spirit for young people to continue with his work...Be always blessed Don Bosco, you will always be a great spiritual inspiration for our church...

5. Jdiana

truly touched. finally i can come to a conclusion about my repeating dreams for over 9 years. thanx for the sharing of article about st. John Bosco. God bless all. shalom :)

6. Mary

I love Saint John Bosco, he is the founder of the Salesian order, where I went to one of their schools.. I loved all the nuns there. Pray for us Don Bosco :)

7. paulina

hiii every one

i am doing my homework and im stuck

if ur on rite now .rite back help please!!!!!qestions

p.s 2 qestions if u want to know

8. Martin O.

Was born on this day so I got my confirmation name from this simple & selfless saint. Its always my prayer to try & emulate even a fraction of his calling...I count on you St. Don Bosco to help me realise God's will in my life.

9. Nyanga

Its wonderful to learn the dreams of the man Of God, my patron Saint Don Bosco. Indeed How i wish to life a simple life of St. John Bosco. My

10. Richard Lynd

St. Don Bosco, I was introduced to you by my loving wife Flora. I grew up as troubled youth myself and wish I would have had someone like you intervene in my life! I am to be confirmed soon and have chosen you as my Patron Saint, and will do my best to follow your example, please be at my side & help my own trouble children, help me St. Don Bosco.

11. Ellard Abanto

I'm going to stay a Bosconian till death. X)

12. danfred

saint john bosco thank you for touching me and my family's life!!!

13. anonymous Pedro awesome

thanx bosco, i like you and i got a good grade on mi report not cuz ov this info but cuz of how cool i thought you were so i got intersted and rely got into it.

14. mary faustina

Pray fo us that we may be able to change the hearts of children like you

15. David Mary Kiptoo

Praise be to God Almighty for His great saints.I have always been involved in youth activities in the church and I find Saint Don Bosco a wonderful friend and patron to be at my side in journing with the youth of this generation.Saint Don Bosco pray for the youth I am currently living with and instructing.Pray also for me to be faithful to the total consecration I have made to Jesus through Mary.

16. Ramero Calopez

May you will guide us in journeying with the young as we live by your teachings.

17. antony christy

i am proud follower of Don Bosco! i am happy this article has captured the crux of what Don Bosco was. And more pleasantly surprised at the many comments i found here from the readers. have a youthful heart always and love the youth around... we will always be worthy sons of Don Bosco!

18. Dominic Yim

I am a past student of a Salesian School in HK. I now work in Wuxi, China. I have formed a Youth Group using John Bosco as a Patron Saint. I am so blessed that I am able to do this. Thank God and Mary, Help of Christian, pray for us.

19. JAred

Its a great way to look up facts about the saints

20. mae marquez

this made me realized something about my dreams. dreams about my service in the church. now, i want to share my dreams to anybody because i don't know what to do..