St. John Bosco Comments

What do dreams have to with prayer? Aren't they just random images of our mind? In 1867 Pope Pius IX was upset with John Bosco because he wouldn't take his dreams seriously enough. Nine years earlier when Pope Pius IX met with the future saint who worked with neglected boys, he learned of the dreams that John had been having since the age of nine, dreams that had revealed God's will for John's life. So Pius IX had made a request, "Write down ... Continue Reading

1. EMMANUEL ETU

He did good work of GOD. I so much adore Saint John Bosco, Saint John Bosco pray for me to live a good life according to the will of GOD. Also pray for me to have a brighter future and wisdom.

2. John Bosco I

Very informative is this one. This will help many to live a life of faith as St. John Bosco had lived

3. erin

i love st. john bosco! he is my favorite saint and very inspiring

4. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. John Bosco, Please pray for me.

5. spencer joubert

Saint John Bosco.....INSPIRATIONAL...from today onwards I will learn to follow my dreams.

6. christie

Thank you all who have shared their thoughts, pains and triumphs on this page dedicated to St. John Bosco. Amazing to see such faith, joy and gladness. Dear saint pray for my grandchildren to have a sound, faithfilled, and good moral education.Help me to continue giving moral guidance through my everyday lessons in class and to be leader by example. St. John Bosco, please touch my son and daughters, who have had some very troubled experiences in their adolesence, that they may receive Christ's healing. Pray that my children may be faithful to their baptismal vows, the Sacraments and to love Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament of Holy Eucharist. On reading about your dreams, I now recall a dream in which Mother Mary saved people drowning in a raging river. This was a promise to me that Mother Mary would heal my grandson of his terrible affliction, seizures, developmental and speech delays. Mother Mary I trust in you. St. John Bosco pray for my little grandson, Christian. Grant him complete recovery. Amen.

7. christie

Dearly beloved St. John Bosco, I'm touched by the story of how God revealed His plans for you through dreams, which when you interpreted, led you to follow his divine calling. This is a very rare privilege, but do pray for us sinners. Pray for us that we too may discern God's plan for us, no matter what. Now too, at old age, we are called to respond to works of charity, help for family members, service to the church community. Help us dear saint not to hesitate or doubt ourselves, or to see obstacles. Pray for us to the Holy Spirit that we may have courage, energy, and diligence. Give us the wonderful gifts of charity, joy, peace, patience, benignity, goodness, longevity,mildness, fidelity, chastity, modesty and continence. Bless especially my son who went through a very difficult adolescence. Dear Jesus, all the mistakes I've made in the upbringing of my children, I bring to You for correction. Have mercy Lord. Amen.

8. Irudayam Y

I was in Don Bosco school,Vellore,N.A Dt India from 1943 t0 1946.It was a joyful and glorious period of my life.There was good education,religious teaching,music and games and there was also love.I went back to Don Bosco High School Vellore in 1954 and taught there for a few months,untill I got a job in Govt.This was also a very pleasant experince.
    After a few years ,it was a great pleasure to see a Don Bosco High School coming to my native village,Pannur,in Tamilnadu.It changed the life of thousands of poor boys in this village and in neighbouring villages get a good education and come up in life.
    May Don Bosco bless all the children of the world,especially in countries like Somalia,Haiti
    who have no one to look after them

9. Robert Cross

The Bio of St. John Bosco brought back memories of my days at Boys Town, Nebraska, 54-58. When we said our night prayers we would ask St. John Bosco to pray for us. I will now start including St John Bosco in my prayers asking him to pray for the canonization of Father Edward J. Flanagan, founder of Boys Town. It is my understanding the investigation has started.

I watched the St. John Boscos' story on EWTN this afternoon and it was good but I will purchase the book to see how the story ends.

Thanks for your time. Peace!

Robert

10. Sgt Heeter

As a Soldier who has had dreams my entire life, and had similiarlar experiances I connected greatly with this saint. I now suffer from nightmares on a regular basis and trouble sleeping due to my PTSD and Sleep Apnea. I am very spiritual and believe that Mary shaved my life in the past. I will definitely be praying to Saint John Bosco for help with dreams every night, and guidence.

11. nb

Dear St John Bosco plz pray form my mom for a good health and a quick recovery. my mom had a surgery last friday.

12. joey alfonso

this site is cool always pray

13. Shanan Pereira

ST. John Bosco has always been my mentor and helped me through difficult times he will always be my patron saint. Thank you Don Bosco you will always be in heart.

14. Bob

Saint John Bosco has been an extremely visible Saint in my teaching life. I have to say I am not regularly practicing in faith in the sense that i do not attend a church. What I can say is that my teaching career in Catholic schools which highlight Saint John Bosco and the Salesian fraternity has brought much revelation and comfort to me.

15. elizabeth reyes

thank u 4 praying 4 us!!!!!!

16. Alj Sanchez

Saint John Bosco is my favorite Saint... I hope I can live his teachings : )

17. Albert Munyanyi

May the Good Lord bless me with the graceful gift of chastity, that one day i will become a Saint.

Christians should immitate the lives of Saints, a symbol if submission to the almighty.

18. jorge pereira

thank you for teaching me and everyone else not to curse and swer

19. munyanyi albert

i cherissh St Don Bosco's life, true father and teacher of the youths. Our Parish in Mucheke is named after him. quite an exemplary catholic figure

20. paul

st john bosco please pray those who are lost in sin,
    give them moral guidence. amen