St. Jerome Emiliani Comments

Jerome Emiliani lay chained in the dark dirty dungeon. Only a short time before he had been a military commander for Venice in charge of a fortress. He didn't care much about God because he didn't need him -- he had his own strength and the strength of his soldiers and weapons. When Venice's enemies, the League of Cambrai, captured the fortress, he was dragged off and imprisoned. There in the dungeon, Jerome decided to get rid of the chains that ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    2 months ago

St. Jerome Emiliani, the patron saint of all orphans, please help us to treat others kindly, whenever they meet us and ask for help.

2. Robert Burford
    2 months ago

St Jerome take care of my granddaughter, Victoria. Please help her to see right and wrong and follow God's Commandments.

3. Joshua
    2 months ago

Beloved Saint,

I feel there is a need to ask for your help in loosening my chains. I am a person of concern and wish to help others in penance for my sins. I beg that all of the children of the world be blessed and find peace. I beg that my daughter be be blessed and find peace. It has also weighed heavily on my heart if these Innocents will all find their way into the Book of Life during these End Times. In Jesus name, I pray they all do.

Amen

4. Emma Green
    3 months ago

I loved this article and since in my career I have always worked with children I feel drawn towards St. Jerome Emilliani.

5. Shelley
    10 months ago

St Jerome, please prtect my nephews and bring them back to me.

6. Joseph Mathew

St. Jerome Emiliani, please pray for us.

7. Raj Ambrose

Dear Saint,

Grant me, I beseech you, the zeal that you had for orphans so that I would be able to help children who are in need of love and care. Enable me to let loose of the chains that bind my soul. Help me to be strong and courageous internally to do the will of God. Amen.

8. Robin Springer

All Blessings to you St. Jerome, you are in my thoughts today; when I see a child on the street I will think of you.

9. MONA

Please pray for Jacob that he find peace and the right path, for his mother that the doctors can slow the progression of her disease and for all cancer patients that we deal with our disease wioth grace and dignity. Thank you.

10. jose

hey st.Jerome pls pray for my biology xam today time 11.45 to 2.45.be with me

11. Joseph Mathew

Dear St. Jerome Emiliani, grant me the grace to acknowledge the poor and downtroden, and help them in whatever ways I can, without turning my face away

12. Shauna

Thank you for your story on St. Jerome Emiliani. I love this beautiful ministry you all have of our loving so inspireing saints. xoxo

13. christie

St. Jerome Emiliani, dear saint you so inspire us that I am in awe to think that you served the poor, helpless orphans, running the risk of catching the dreaded plague. So great was your love and devotion to Christ that no disease could hold you back from true service. Thank you for your fine example, and now in Heaven in the company of angels and saints pray for us poor sinners. Guard and guide our feeble minds, strengthen us to be brave in the face of obstacles, conflict and obstacles, That we may serve God always. Amen.

14. Regina Nataniel

February8th, Saint Josephine Bakhita

15. Rebecca Wandrisco

My 16 year old son will be confirmed next month. I am so proud of him choosing St. Jerome Emiliana as his confirmation. My son truly has the same compasions.

16. Bluette Bernardo

St. Jerome Emiliani was not a priest nor a religious that's why he is such an inspiration for all the lay people like me. This means that we can all aspire to be like him in our own places no matter how insignificant it may seem to be. Touching people's lives brings us closer to the life of holiness.

17. denise tomlinson

Today is my son's birthday so I am sending this to him. Maybe St. Jerome can help him in his time of need.

18. Lou Nicholas

The Somascan priest in the parish where I go to daily Mass clarifed that St. Jerome Emiliani was a layman, i.e., he was not a priest. Perhaps, he studied for the priesthood but apparently he was never ordained a priest. His life, thus, inspires us layman to do something especailly for the orphans and the abandoned children.

19. emilian

There is one here: http://magnificat.ca/cal/engl/07-20.htm

20. kalynne

i love this saint! i wish he was around now