St. Jane Frances de Chantal Comments

What a way to start a marriage! Jane no sooner arrived at her new home then she discovered she might lose it. Her husband, Christophe, had not only inherited the title of baron but enormous debts as well. But Jane had not come to the marriage empty-handed. She brought with her a deep faith instilled by her father who made daily religious discussion fun, allowing the children to talk about anything -- even controversial topics. She also ... Continue Reading

1. Byansi jane frances

Some good information about my saint! pray for me my loving saint.

2. Jane Frances Batumbya

Am Jane Frances Play for me so that I can love and forgive those that hurt me

3. MARINA LOCKIE

Is there an Order today re St. Jane Frances De Chantel? Or any literature on her life, etc.?

4. Boniface Muggli, osb

I was wondering what her feast day actually was; after some internet and ordo research, I discovered a note that: her original feast day of December 12 conflicted with Our Lady of Guadalupe, and so in the US her optional memorial was transferred to August 18. However, in the rest of the world, August 12 became her feast day. However, as of 2009, the US also celebrates her optional memorial on August 12.

5. Sr Emily

In the US, her feast day is August 12, but I think maybe it used to be the 18th, because the Ordo has the 12th, but the sacramentary supplement (which is a little older) has the 18th.

6. Sister Mary Margaret

This is one of my favorite saints. I am wondering, though, why the calendar with the hyperlinks shows her on the 18th?

7. Darrell

Isn't her feast day August 12th??

8. Ronald Morrow

What a beautiful and wonderful lady. Truly an inspiration to all.

9. richard lewis

what an amazing story. thank you for send it.

10. Ana Daniela

Praised be Jesus!
    Today is my birthday. The 50st. And I was looking actually for Saint Clarissa. But Saint Jeanne Chantal is very inspiring. I will try to find on the internet the advices Saint Frances de Sales gave her. Blessings!:)

11. caoimhe

yeah, I think that will be my conformation name is well...i love the name jane:)

12. m1 nebulae supernova remaint

im also picking her for my conformation saint she is a great person

13. M10

i can't decide between her and St. Hermione! x(

14. Donatus Anayo Nonyerem

Learning about the life of St. Jane Frances de Chantal, am inspired and straightened by summiting "All" to God. I love you St. Jane Frances de Chantal

15. ¢¾eternity

I am picking her for my confirmation saint!¢¾:)

16. CC

I am picking her for my confirmation saint! :)

17. eugene

I've been reading Saint Charles De Foucauldt, and he recommends minimizing one's self even annihilating it so the Lord will fill that space. Saint Jane's practice of making the self a drop in the ocean of God is very similar. The self is an obstacle to being at peace in the Lord, as the Jesus Himself said, the first thing you have to do "If you wish to follow me you must deny yourself..."

18. Laura

I think Mel Gibson should make a movie of her life. Someone try to call him.

19. Kryssi

I think that she is a person to remember. She is also my feast day.

20. Chantal

Cool my name is Chantal
    and my birthday month is august