St. James the Greater Comments

For James there was no indication that this was the day that his life would change. The dawn for him was not the bright beginning of a new day, but the end of long fruitless night of fishing. As James sat mending his nets in the boat with his brother John and his father Zebedee, he must have watched in wonder as his partner Simon brought in nets loaded with fish he had caught at the command of Jesus. Was he shocked when he saw Simon and his ... Continue Reading

1. Tim

I LOVE GOD

2. Killy

I like the it it gives better info then Wikipedia

3. Roberto

I can't Believe that this Web Haz so much Saints WOW

4. david

I never forgot my God St.James bz now which position i am sitting that is the gift my st james. Again i wl do toomuch help to my st james church in my native place

5. Ken

My wife and I are planning to honor St. James by completeing the walk sometime in 2012. He is an inspiration to all catholics and it is our honor to complete this for him.

6. Anthonio

Its a very well written document and resourceful. One typo error but not a big deal many people most of got the main idea of the biography it was well organized according to topic not like others write on run sentences where people cant the main topic they are looking for but otherwise very helpful must of took alot of time to write this excellent report

7. Anthonio

8. jess

not helpful at alL!! I swear, you have too much time on your hands. Well, it helped some.... Thanks anyway

9. alex

this site was very helpful !

10. Matt

There is a typo instead of accused is should be confused.
    Other than that it was very helpful

11. Felmar Rowell Singco

Saint James the Greater is the be loved Patron Saint of our be loved home town here in Allen, Northern Samar, Philippines. We love this great Saint and Apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ, he has always protected with love and solicitude our town and our towns peoples from all harms and calamities. We love this Saint and Apostle of the Lord! ☺ ♥ ☼

12. Clemente

Thanks alot to my Parents for giving me my 7/25/1943 middle Saint name of "Santiago" (James) !!! It is beautiful to know that he was special to Jesus and was one of the first martyrs of the Church. King Herod Agrippa I killed him with a sword in an early persecution of the Church. Nice to know he is the patron saint of hatmakers, rheumatoid sufferers, and laborers.

13. Annette

St James please watch over my nephew Nico, who is born today on your feast day. Have him serve and live a life that is pleasing to the Lord. Please ask Jesus to draw his parents together. But not our will but our Father in heaven's be done. Amen.

14. Denise

St. James is awesome! I named my son after St. James. I like your article but I have to tell you that there is a word error in the 4th paragraph up from the bottom. I'm sure you meant to use the word "confused" instead of "accused." Other than that, great article!

15. James Chinedu Oriudu

St. James, my Namesake and Patron Saint, pray for me to attain the glory of Heaven as you did. Help to obtain for me the grace to show my Faith through my Good Work. All these I ask through Jesus Christ, our Lord!

16. Joseph Mathew

St. James, please pray for us to be filled with the fervor to serve the Lord!

17. christiec

Dear St. James, of late I've been interested in the pilgrimage to St. Tiago of Compostella. It seems so real yet I wonder if I'll be able to make it. Walking the distance is doubtful...but still I'd like to see your tombstone and your burial place and the cathedral that stands there in your honour. St. James you are remembered in Spain as a warrior, soldier who fought the onslaught of Muslim attack on Catholic Spain. Likewise fight a big, unseen, and subtle war that is made on the Catholic Church in my beloved country. You do battle for us dear St. James, for all polemics are based on lies and meant to create suspicion. Protect all Catholics from the terrible scourge of marrying a Muslim spouse as this means a forced conversion. Pray for my grandson too. Heal him completely of the scourge of fragile X, of epilyptic fits, ear infection etc. and all the pervasive developmental delays. May he learn, progress and flourish. Amen

18. Lie Sonny

I am trying to follow Jesus to become a priest, my baptist name is James the Greater. I would like to ask Saint James to pray for me this year. I hope I can purify my vocation and follow Jesus to be a priest later. And may I have ur bravery inside my heart.

19. Felmar Rowell Singco

Saint James the Greater is the Patron Saint of our home town in the Philippines. Saint James is also the Patron Saint of Spain and of the Philippines, one of Spain's country colonies. Saint James the Greater, pray for us! ☺ ☼

20. Joseph santiago CMF

I love my patron saint. I thank my parents for naming me after his name. Glad to hear that he is very close relative of Jesus the Lord my Redeemer and Good Shepherd. I will follow him like my saint. I want to die as martyr. this is my desire from the day of my ordination.