St. Carmen Comments

According to my resources, the name Carmen is a derivation of Carmel which is one of the titles given to Our Blessed Mother, namely, Our Lady of Mount Carmel. This is the patronal feast of the Carmelites. The Order of Carmelites takes its name from Mount Carmel, which was the first place dedicated to the Blessed Virgin and where a chapel was erected in her honor before her Assumption into Heaven. July 16 is also the feast of the "Scapular ... Continue Reading

1. Carmen E. Rojas

YES, I have found out that St. Carmen is very, very powerful. She listen to the faithful and answer our prayers. I had received numerous miracles from her, I prayed to have a daughter and I have twin girls, She is just AWESOME!!! She is big protector for all. I'm very proud of having her name, too. In my family is a popular name, there are around 5 Carmen..... As a token of thanks to her, I like to keep fresh roses around the house.....

Blessings to all!!!

Carmen E. Rojas 3/21/09

2. carmen arias

i really like the name because it is my name and i pick her for my confirmation

3. daisyxox

i really like the name Carmen and it is the name ill pick for my confirmation name, dudes

4. Karen

Every year around All Saints Day I spend hours looking up Patron saints for the children in my class who never realized they even had one! When I can't find a name(which happens often in a culture where names have changed quite alot in a thousand years or so!)it's time to start looking for derivitives and
    meanings to get the closest name I can find. In The Dictionary of Patron Saints Names(Sheehan), I found that Carmen in Middle Latin means "crimson red". This leads to a dozen Sts. Rufinus. Pick one!What do you do if your name is Michael- there are many spelled a little differently and you have to pick from several eventually! Carmen also means "song" in Latin. If there is a stronger association there follow the Sts it leads to such as Bl. Peter the Singer, St Joseph the Hymn writer or St Clement the Hymnographer. Carmen can also mean "from the Garden" and will also lead to Adam and Eve the patrons of the gardens. Can you find a Patron Saint that speaks to you from that list?

5. Linda

I need information on St. Carmen!

6. Patricia

Not much information on St. Carmen. There must be more.

7. Denis Lucey

Re: July 16, St. Carmen info.

You didn't say anything about St. Carmen, the focus was upon the Carmelites. Letter Grade "F"

8. Martha

I would like to know of whom or what is St. Carmen patron of? Thanks

9. Paul Michael

For me, wearing the scapular is a way to stay connected to our Blessed Mother. I have received comfort when I despair and blessings I don't deserve.I know my heavenly Mother watches out for me and protects my family. We must pray for all those who do not know our Lord or have turned away from the Faith that through our Blessed Mother of God who loves us so dearly that we may be brought closer to Her Son Jesus Christ. Hail Holy Queen!

10. Cassie

This is my saint too!! Im in grade 6

11. kim

hi, this is our saint in holy name univesity when i'm grade 6!!!