St. Bruno Comments

Bruno was born in Cologne of the prominent Hartenfaust family. He studied at the Cathedral school at Rheims, and on his return to Cologne about 1055, was ordained and became a Canon at St. Cunibert's. He returned to Rheims in 1056 as professor of theology, became head of the school the following year, and remained there until 1074, when he was appointed chancellor of Rheims by its archbishop, Manasses. Bruno was forced to flee Rheims when he and ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    10 months ago

St. Bruno, Humility is the greatest virtue that brings us closer to God, since humility is God himself, who was born in the manger and died upon the Cross. Pray for me to seek humility in whatever I do.

2. BRUNO NIGERIAN
    10 months ago

saint Bruno......pray for us and help me to get there

3. kianu

st bruno is my confirmation name i have chosen and i like the way he tought us how to be good even thought he was a shy man and he didn't wan't to be a bishop and who doesn't want to be a bishop.
    Being a bishop is good because u can spread the word more often cause people look up to you and they will listen to the word of the lord and the world will be more peaceful without wwars and people wanting to take over the world and be incharge the only person in charge of the world is god u can protect his world but u cant own it cause if u try to own it when carmer comes around you aint gonna like it because it will either kill,hurt,lose,win.

If this happens god will forgiveyou but it will come with a fee of being good to the world and no more wars and yeah u should listen to the word of the lord and respect him and his son jesus christ always and if something bad happens to you god will always be on your side e.g.

If someone is gonna rape,kill god can help you and stop the person or tell you in your head wat to do so dat u can avoid it from happening

4. Joseph Mathew

St. Bruno, pray for us to become more and more humble in our day to day life, since humility is essential to see the face of God, who was born in a manger and died upon the cross!

5. Anna Lozano

Found your site by accident. I love it. The article on St. Bruno is so nicely and kindly written. Thank you, I learned a lot. God gives us such heros in our saints! Thanks be to God

6. christopher

St. bruno pray for us great saint
    Amen

7. Robert

I have Bruno as my Oblate name. Numerous books about the Carthusians are available at Cistercian Publishing, Abebooks and even music and the DVD Into Great Silence that will enrich the lover of St Bruno and the Carthusian order. The Carthusians in England, Parkminster sell many books and the book store at the base of MT Equinox, in VT where the Charterhouse of the Transfiguration is has books, medals and statues.

8. Sergio Martinez

Virtues we all know are needed for a time like this...God bless.!

9. Micsam

May the good LORD continue to bless the shepherds in his vineyard...AMEN

10. christie

St. Bruno, loving saint and beloved of Christ and His Mother, I praise God for the gift you gave to the world, the Carthusian order. Your life was simple and austere, your writings concise and clear. Pray for us who need God's loving mercy and compassion. I pray today with the faith that Christ himself taught in the Gospel: that we must persevere in prayer. Christ said "Ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be open unto you". Remembering this promise I ask God's loving and healing hand to be placed on all sick and suffering children, born with pervasive developmental delays. I believe that God will work a miracle for these children, so that they will be able to learn, progress and flourish and one day lead productive, independent lives. I thank God for protecting my daughter from potential bodily injury in a recent accident. I thank God for giving consolation and comfort to my aging, bedridden mother. Amen.

11. delaney

this was good it helped me out a lot. hope it helps u 2 !!!! =0

12. meg

I love GOD

13. bill

thanks . great site

14. Josy

I need serious prayers, so I can find a roommate in Orlando and not become homeless. I have no money, and place to go. I purchased the place with my mom, and she died last year. I am unable to keep the payments alone, and am in desperate need of a roommate (s). I am in SE Orlando (32824), and am asking you to please pray for me.

15. Genevieve O. del Rosario

Article on St. Bruno is very informational. Thanks.

16. David

I wasn't raised Catholic but I love all the information.
    Please God, may we all do your will.
    P.S. I love Catholics.
    In Jesus name
    Amen

17. Anthony UK

I am very proud to have St Bruno as my comfirmation name. What a fantastic servant of God. Pray for me Saint Bruno.

Anthony Vincent Bruno

Uk

18. ciara

it was good needed it for R.E homework

19. ADAM