St. Ignatius Loyola Comments

St. Ignatius was born in the family castle in Guip˙zcoa, Spain, the youngest of 13 children, and was called I˝igo. When he was old enough, he became a page, and then a soldier of Spain to fight against the French. A cannon ball and a series of bad operations ended his military career in 1521. While St. Ignatius recovered, he read the lives of the saints, and decided to dedicate himself to becoming a soldier of the Catholic Faith. Soon after he ... Continue Reading

1. J
    8 months ago

Why not just pray to Jesus directly instead of praying to St. Ignatius so that Ignatius could relay the message to the Lord? Seems unnecessary to me given what the New Testament says. At best this practice of praying to saints and placing a capital "M" for "mother" when speaking of Mary the earthly mother of Jesus, is rooted more in tradition than in Scripture. Kind of shaky ground if you ask me.

2. Ramon Trujillo Galan
    11 months ago

I am a devoted person of saint ygnatius of Loyola I been going to church for over forty years and his statute is been there and one day it caught my eye and I am very devoted to him and I ask of him to pray for me and my family and for me to change my life and to serve our lord Jesus Christ now and for the rest of my life amen.

3. waithiraa

St. Ignatius thank you for your example of a true soldier of Christ. Please pray for us that we may follow your example and remain strong in the battles against the evils of this world. Intercede for us that one day we may at last come to be with our Lord as you are.

4. Joseph Mathew

St. Ignatius Loyola, please continue to pray for us.

5. antonyraj rayappan

what i am today is all because of the efforts of the saint.Let us pray for the administrators of the Loyola Institutions.May the Lord lead them in the path of the saint.

6. Margaret Joseph

St. Ignatius of Loyola, Patron Saint of our Parish, I entrust my entire family members to your care and protection. Pray for us to enrich our life with love for Jesus. We love you St. Ignatius of Loyola in the name of Jesus.

I hear the bells of St. Ignatius of Loyola Church, Vasai (West) ringing every morning and evening to announce the time to Worship God along with St. Ignatius and to obtain God's blessings, protection and to be aware that GOD IS WITH US.

Thank you St. Ignatius of Loyola.

7. john

love u

8. Joseph Mathew

St. Ignatius Loyolla, please continue to pray for us and for our children.

9. christie

Happy feast day st. Ignatius of Loyola. I praise God for your life and the Jesuits of our parish church. Amen

10. Darryl T D'Sa

St Ignatius of Loyola pray for us.

11. chet bas

happy feast day St. Loyola. thank you for appearing to me in italy. please continue to help me with being more disciplined in all areas of my life. and help my mom as well

12. joseph prem kumar k

O St.Ignatius, please pray for me and my family that we are blessed by God abundantly with his holy-spirit.Amen ... All glory to god the son of living father..!!!

13. caryl mae apa_ap

St. ignatius was very concerned to God...it's better to serve with God than to serve other people who always makes trouble in your life...

14. georgia

jesus for life.

15. Alex Shatzman

omgG i luv JesuS!! WooOOOOOOOoooo

16. roy peter

to read spiritual journy of st.ignatius help me to go through the same path and inspire me to leave like a saint.

17. Chris

Here are some fun quotes from St. Ignatius Loyola:

"Let me look at the foulness and ugliness of my body. Let me see myself as an ulcerous sore running with every horrible and disgusting poison."

"The safest and most suitable form of penance seems to be that which causes pain in the flesh but does not penetrate to the bones, that is, which causes suffering but not sickness. So the best way seems to be to scourge oneself with thin cords which hurt superficially, rather than to use some other means which might produce serious internal injury."

"We should always be prepared so as never to err to believe that what I see as white is black, if the hierarchic Church defines it thus."

18. Roy Peter

It's similar background to St. Thomas Aquinas when he was had been written in front of crucifix of the altar, a voice from the crucifix of the altar.

19. nick

i have report due i dont know what to do O MY GORSH AAAAAAHHHH

20. Joseph Mathew

Dear st. Ignatius Loyolla,
    You are one of my favorite childhood saints. I have greatly admired your prowess and wisdom. Please pray for me!