Pope Saint Gregory the Great Comments

St. Gregory, born at Rome about the year 540, was the son of Gordianus, a wealthy senator, who later renounced the world and became one of the seven deacons of Rome. After he had acquired the usual thorough education, Emperor Justin the Younger appointed him, in 574, Chief Magistrate of Rome, though he was only thirty-four years of age. After the death of his father, he built six monasteries in Sicily and founded a seventh in his own ... Continue Reading

1. Christie

Pope St. Gregory the Great, Doctor of the Church, and patron saint of teachers. I pray for all teachers. Thank you for accepting me into this noble profession. I humbly thank you for the wonderful success that God has granted my students in the exams each year. As I begin a new academic year I pray to God for patience, ingenuity and creativity in all that I do in the classroom and outside. May I guide all who are in my care and raise good, kind and caring individuals, who are outstanding in character and diligence. Bless my work each day. I dedicate the coming year to you. Pray for me. Amen.

2. GREGORY-DAVID

Dearest Patron Saint Gregory, please help me pray to God for more wisdom to excel in my teaching profession. I want to be a doctor in computer studies/ICT.

3. Marsadee Flowers

I love this site, and particlarly this Saint. Gregory the Great as said is the Patron Saint of Teachers and also of music. I want to be a musician or music teacher, and am planning on either choosing him or St. Anthony of Padua for my saint in confirmation.

Yours Sincerely,
    Marsadee Flowers

P.S. Thank you Catholic.org for all the you have done for me.

4. Cielorey Generilllo II

The article is brief yet rich in order to know the life and background of St. Gregory the Great!
    By the way, St. Gregory the Great is the patron saint of our batch inside the seminary. We call ourselves "The Defenders" since St. Gregory the Great defended also the Church from the errors of his time :D

Pray for us

5. hi

this is good i like this this is good..and good for reports

6. gregory

isn't the feast on 3rd sept???

7. El-Elohim-Israel

Amen+
    God is Love.
    Love is endless.
    Endless is endless.

Who are the Philistines?
    You know.Amen!

8. Joseph Mathew

A great pope and a great man! Please pray for me so that at least a shadow of your greatness falls upon me in discerning and obeying the will of God.

9. Colin

Dear Saint Gregory The Great, please pray for the soul of our dear brother brother Terry whose birthday is today, your feast day. That he may soon join you and the community of Saints in the glory of God in Heaven

10. Ron Mulvaney

I agree with the observations of many of your readers. The article is awesome and could be longer. But, no, it wouldn't have to be a book.

11. Joachim

Gregory is awesome. Entry could be larger, but then it would be a book.

12. wheels

Wonderful, I only wish the entry was longer. God bless you.

13. saint on earth

awesome

14. Captain Bob

awesome

15. umesh prasad singh

saint gregory the great represents the catholicity of catholicism for universality.

16. umesh prasad singh

catholicity in catholicism projected in Gregory the great is a symbolic article of candid faith in spirituality.

17. luke desira

i like itt.

verry nicee good for assignments

18. 5 years ago

you r awesome

19. Grady Thompson

i <3 this web 2!! it is awesum!! it helps me do my reports on sts!

20. Tom Lindenmayer

i love this website. It helps me understand cristiantiy much better then i did when i was 1 years old.

keep it up Catholic Online