St. Francis de Sales Comments

Born in France in 1567, Francis was a patient man. He knew for thirteen years that he had a vocation to the priesthood before he mentioned it to his family. When his father said that he wanted Francis to be a soldier and sent him to Paris to study, Francis said nothing. Then when he went to Padua to get a doctorate in law, he still kept quiet, but he studied theology and practiced mental prayer while getting into swordfights and going to ... Continue Reading

1. Joshua Sanchez

i never knew that Journalism had its own patron saint, i guess this is the man that helps me to make great articles. this article was truly great perhaps divinely inspired by St. Francis De Sales himself!

2. the cool kid

Confirmation report is finally finished. Thanks for all the help. Francis De Sales, you are the man!

3. beatrice ogaz

Beautiful! ...and I thought I already "knew" st. Francis de Sales. Thank you for such a brief but highly enlightening and inspiring write-up

4. avery olivia rayne

wow this is the best saint page I've ever read. st Francis de Sales is super awesome =]]

5. YADDAYADDA

2-page report done! Thanks!

6. katherineee

amazing site... 4-5pg essay report... done!

7. me

yea!! no more saint report for me!!

8. Slap

Good site! Thanks!!!

9. Sepulchure

Now, my confirmation is done.

10. Courteney

This really helped me with me homework about St's

11. Joy Helfrich

This article has increased my interest in St. Francis making me wish to read "introduction to the Devout Life."

12. jess(ica)

wow this helped me a ton! :-)
    with the other sites i could barely understand what the heck they were talking about... this is the best article i have found yet! tanks a ton!!!!!

13. Lauren

Right now I have to write a report on my saint for Confirmation. I chose him because he is the patron saint of writing ( which I love to do !) I never knew he had such an amazing story. This is way better than any other site I used. Thanks!

14. omar

Very good article. Helped me a lot on my paper.

15. Jeff

What an inspiration! I love St. Francis De Sales. His story is so motivating. As an instrument of the Holy Spirit, he displays true humility, as he strives to imitate our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    And he's my patron saint. So, he's awesome.

16. Bakhita

Wow! what an amazing story,I wish I had his patience, I could really use it.

17. Karen

Humility is the virtues I am most praying for, thank-you Lord for this wonderful Saint.

18. Jasmine

I love the part where he talks of mysticism being like a romantic heart. To write on trees of the name you love...to write on hearts the name of Jesus!

19. hannah

wow. he's amazing. he never gave up and that's something people need to understand.He never turned away. even when he had every door slammed in his face. we need people like him in this world today.

20. Bea

Amazing. His story is one of my favorites, and I chose to report about him for my exam. I wish I could write as well as he, because I just love to write!