St. Francis de Sales Comments

Born in France in 1567, Francis was a patient man. He knew for thirteen years that he had a vocation to the priesthood before he mentioned it to his family. When his father said that he wanted Francis to be a soldier and sent him to Paris to study, Francis said nothing. Then when he went to Padua to get a doctorate in law, he still kept quiet, but he studied theology and practiced mental prayer while getting into swordfights and going to ... Continue Reading

1. Matthew

I work at the namesakes' school, did'nt know too much about St. Francis De Sales, until I read this paper, I only wish is that one day , the powers that be , understand the meaning of respect and practice what he preached
    a former alter-boy and Catholic

2. Fernando

How interesting. I finally decided to come back to the Catholic Church after 6 or 7 months. I had left for Protestantism and didnt really think the Catholic Church was the true church. Although I was always on the fence about the Catholic vs Protestant issue, recently I just couldnt stay in Protestantism anymore. I am deciding to go back to the Catholic church. Today I went to Mass and the priest talked about St. Francis of Sales. It struck me how I decided to return to the church and end up hearing about St. Francis who wrote tracts to Calvinists to convert them. How amazing. I barely heard about him today, but he is now one of my favorite saints! Glory be to God!! Although Im still learning and am a bit wary about certain things in the Catholic faith, I trust that God will eventually make the truth plain to me. Thank you Father for someone like St. Francis of Sales! May God bless each and every one of you!!

3. leon broussard

"a gentleman saint" "Humility, humility, humility" "Patience will win your soul" ...excerts from Introduction to a devout life...A great book to live by.....May God continue to shower you with an eternity of love,St Francis De Sales....... Leon

4. S.G.

HAPPY FEAST DAY ST. FRANCIS DE SALES!!

5. Steve

St. Francis de Sales, please pray for me.

6. Jeff Brinkman

How great is our God to give us such a man as St. Francis de Sales. Inspirational saints such as he give us guidance in our daily lives to strive to come closer to God through his great patience and fervor in seeking that God's will be done, and only God's will. I ask for the intercession of St Francis in the life of my son, a gifted writer without direction and focus in his life, like so many young people today.

7. christie

"For him active work did not weaken his spiritual inner peace but strengthened it." Dear St. Francis de Sales, may I emulate and imitate you in doing active work for the Lord, whenever the opportunity comes. Amen.

8. christie

Dear St. Francis de Sales, intercede for us in Heaven on your feast day. I take away with me the lessons of humility and patience, both of which I know I sorely lack. Please help me with your kind intervention and supplication before God. I am delighted to know that you are the patron saint of journalists. My family implore you to give success to the work of our hands. May my son who is a journalist receive God's blessings on his most recent book, guard and guide him in his current work, give him the cooperation of his team, Grant him leadership skills too. Dear saint help us to compos an endearing and heartfelt eulogy for my mother when the time comes. Dear saint, while those arrangements seems to take priority, remind us that care for the dying is the most important task at hand. Dear saint fill me with the Holy Spirit in caring for my mother in her last journey to meet her Maker. Amen.

9. Susanne

Thank you for this wonderful story. It gives me hope after years of trying to become a published author. I know now that God is teaching me about patience and humility and about the importance of never giving up. I was definitely led to this web site for a reason.

10. appleman

this really helped. thanks a lot!!! =]

11. Michael

I too gained so much inspiration from learning from St Francis De Sales. He is now one of my favorite saints. His gentleness, patience and trust in God is admirable.

12. Monica

With humility and sumbission I ask for intercession through St Francis de Sales for help in completing my first three chapters of my dissertation. I have come too far to be delayed or thwarted in my efforts. I pray for the wisdom and discernment to organize my chapters in the way they need to be. I pray that the information I need makes itself clear to me as I work this weekend. I pray that those around me surround me with a spirit of helpfulness and compassion. Amen.

13. DACL

St. Francis de Sales, please pray for me. I've been trying a for a few years now to finish my MFA thesis, but keep hitting a wall. I have a major case of writer's block and I need inspiration and motivation to finish. Thank you. Amen.

14. Alex

I had to write a paper about de Sales and this article was very informative and helpful! Thanks a million!

15. Onie Everett

I am on a new adventure at this time in my life. I'm middle aged and I hope and pray that some or maybe a few of my life's goals come true. Please pray that I do well with my academics as I am trying to earn a degree in psychology one day, so that I will be more equipt to understand and help people who suffer from hopelessness.

16. SB

St. Francis de Sales, please pray for me. I am an aspiring novelist. Writing is my passion and it is my dream to make it my career. Help me pray to God for inspiration, and the drive to pursue this dream and turn it into a reality. Amen.

17. Amused

I laughed out loud at the reply made by the user "Gods dad". Rather surprised the spam filter didn't pick it up.

Regardless, a very interesting and helpful article. As the user above me stated, there were certain inaccuracies, however...

18. Father John Graden, OSFS

I am not sure what sources were used in putting together this story which is inaccurate at numerous points. We'd be happy to offer you either an edited version of the one you have, or a totally rewritten one based more on the actual documented biographies and writings. The article as it stands is like nothing we've ever seen on Francis, and although some of the information is correct and some not, the overall impression doesn't match any of the contemporary nor classic study of the man. www.desalesresource.org. Father John Graden, OSFS

19. corazon

i am not a patient person but i also serve the Lord in many ways. i dont know much about saints, only a few. and i thought that the name francis are God's servants and they both serve God with love. i love reading the lives of the saints. thanks God for the never ending subscriptions of the life of saints. Humility is what i needed, so is patience. i hope God hears me....thank you for these website...

20. Cathy

This great example of how God calls ordinary people to believe that we can be attentive like all holy people to God's will. Making sure that our clarity of happiness is only in him. Pray that my son may see his vocation clearly.