St. Francis de Sales Comments

Born in France in 1567, Francis was a patient man. He knew for thirteen years that he had a vocation to the priesthood before he mentioned it to his family. When his father said that he wanted Francis to be a soldier and sent him to Paris to study, Francis said nothing. Then when he went to Padua to get a doctorate in law, he still kept quiet, but he studied theology and practiced mental prayer while getting into swordfights and going to ... Continue Reading

1. Joseph Mathew
    6 months ago

St. Francis de Sales, please continue to remember us in your prayers.

2. Enedina
    6 months ago

Yesterday, I attended a funeral service of a close friend's son. The loss of Gail and Lee's sonTyler, moved me to pray that God would give his parents and brother, the spiritual strength to endure the death of their son and brother; to help them reconcile with the will of God. I am humbled by their extraordinary love of God and their strength to complete this spiritual journey. Tyler's relationship with God and with his family is one that we should all try to emmulate. You see, years earlier, Tyler had a brush with death: he suffered a celebral hemmorage, but his faith in God, his parent's love and support and his determination, propelled him to move forward with his rehabilitation and with his life. Eventually, he was well enough to work in two different places and he also managed to return to school and earn a college degree. During the past six years he devoted himself to work with our high school football team. The past two years, he served as a middle school teacher. A few days ago, he suffered a heart attack while jogging in a local park; he was 34 years old. His brother Tate did not dispare because Tyler knew where he was going. They often talked about death and the afterlife and each understood that their love of God was immeasurable, and when his time came, Tyler knew that he would be with God and with Jesus. Tate went on to say that his brother never held a grudge against anyone, that "it was a waste of time". He continued by saying that it was best to forgive, to love and to embrace your friends and family and to look to God each and everyday. Tyler had so much more to give, but God knew that he had done his best.

Tyler's brother and parents are going to be fine, they too know our Lord. They too know where they are going.

I am comforted with the knowledge that Tyler was a teacher. He was a person who much like our Father's Son, was blessed with the gift of love and knowledge to impart unto our youth. Tyler's mission was to lead our children to the path of rightousness, to guide their troubled hearts into making wise, healthy decisions. His duty was to God, to his family and to our youth.

I am blessed to have this family in my life and know that this solemn moment will dwell in my heart forever. I have delayed my condolences for the lack of words that escape me. Words which St. Frances of Sales put to verse and began something like this: "Behold the angels for they are all around you"... That is all that I can recall for the moment but I know that the the words will soon come to me. I will have to pray. I now have a clearer understanding why the words came easily to Mama when she wrote a poem on the anniversary of both of my brothers' death. These words were matters of the soul.

3. Paul Tase
    6 months ago

That my written promotion exam result will be corrected and recognised as so.

4. Steve Daniel

I chose St. Francis as my patron saint at Confirmation four years ago. Have really enjoyed and been moved by his life, his devotion, an dhis writings. St. Francis, please pray for me and my intentions.

5. marsha jack

I have. Always held part of my faith within me I suppose through may it be guilt or fear of my what god may think... I walked away from my faith. My belief in humanity. My self and who I was because of 1 misunderstood and biest priest who told me my children would be bastards, I had married benieth my faith' I had married a protastant....... In the church oi new and trusted no such things were ever said.
    God. Love. Humanity. Faith were all in the same.... God gave us life . love. Minds. Compassion. Respect for life all living things.....and hope for humanity as a whole.......I in my heart I know that be it my soul. My faith ' or just holding on too what I believed in once has now returned and I thank god and his new apposipl for once again touching my heart,soul,life.love,learning,compassion, humanity and faith that we can together build the world what Jesus, he father the whole sprit we were taught as children .. Dear pope Francis im a lonely soul that saw a shade of faith I didn't understand, please pray for me as i pray for you... Thank you and open the door for me again for me, my family and church...marsha

6. Bob

Cheers 4 da info

7. Jamie

Saint Francis De Sales the way you suffered just to convert people gives me courage to do what I dream

8. Joseph Mathew

St. Francis de Sales, your treatise on prayer gives me an enthralling insight into the unfailing love of God. Please pray for me.

9. Jenny

St. Francis de Sales please pray for me and my family especially for my son Daniel who will be sitting for a major exam this coming Monday.That you as a patron saint of writers,journalists will help in his texts and essays.

10. christopher

St.Francis de sale great saint please pray for me and my family and friends
    God bless you
    Amen

11. Renato M Sapungan

Many of the priests were inspired by St. Francis de Sales, among those are graduates of St. Francis de Sales Major Seminary in Lipa City, the Philippines.

I have been inspired by his teachings and spirituality.

May this article inspire more priests and laymen and laywomen as well. Thanks for the article.

12. Roy Sequeira

I really came to know about st Francis and inspired the work he did to bring those who left catholic faith .Give me inspiration to so that i may to convince who ever i meet of different denominations to counter them and bring them back to our catholic faith .

13. Raj Ambrose

O Dearest Saint,

Teach me humility. Bless me that I may imitate your ways to attain the Love of Jesus in this life and the life is to come. Amen.

14. holly

me and my freind cassie likes the web page

15. barney

i am doing this for a homework assigenment

16. BELLAMARIE SINGH

My soul is longing for a closer union with Jesus. I knew nothing about this saint until I dreamt about him and something to do with the wounds of Jesus last night. All I remember about him from my dream was his name. I feel that I need the help of st. francis de sales. I will ask for his help as I continue to try and win souls for Jesus. I am always trying to convert people to catholism and I feel so alone and helpless at times. Please dearest St. Francis help me to understand what is happening in my soul right now. I so want to love god and be pleasing to him.

17. sophie

WHAT WAS HIS SPIRITUALITY?!?!?!?!?! sorry, it's one of my questions for RE and i can't find the answer!!!

18. Luis

I am currently in the process of finishing my sacraments. I was told i needed to pick a saint for confirmation. I was so overwhelmed by the numerous saints and i didn't know which one to pick. I decided to pick St. Frances de Sales because he is the patron of journalist and authors. Now, after reading this article I am happy that i picked St. Frances de Sales because in a way i identify myself with him. I hope he helps me through the path of the sacrament of confirmation.

19. Kassie

St Francis pray for me as I write as you have written. JMJ

20. Xuino(shee-noh)

Thanks for this one. it is very useful for the lesson for the last quarter for high school.....