St. Francis of Assisi Comments

Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd had his new son baptized Giovanni after John the Baptist. The last thing Pietro wanted in his son was a man of God -- he wanted a man of business, a cloth merchant like he was, and ... Continue Reading

1. Rev. Meg Schramm

St. Francis, I miss my dog Buck so much...he was 11 years old, he died last June...please look after him and also my friend's dog Annie who recently died. Please let the dogs know they are good dogs and they are missed!

2. christie

Happy feast day St. Francis of Assissi, beloved saint of spontaniety, simplicity and joy, pray for all who seek healing. Amen

3. Andrea

oh Thank you Saint Francis of Assisi I love you,Jesus Joseph & Mary so dearly, I feel in my spirit that you & Jesus are taking good care of our beloved dog of 16 years. We miss her so much & I continue to pray for strength & courage to go on. I relied on her loving companion for many years & now shes no longer by my side. Now I understand more when someone loses a loving pet how much it hurts to miss them. Thank you Jesus for allowing me to have my pet for many years. God Bless you all In Jesus name Amen.... 9/13/12

4. Tinu Jose

Saint Francis Assisi,Please pray for me,You might have a chunk of prayer requests from all over the world,please have a word to GOD for me also to be a good man,to live how jesus wants me to, to bring peace to my strugglings.

5. robert dufresne

Most Holy St. Francis please help me pray for our little pet cat pj who continues to fall in and out of illness and suffering. Please help me ask our Lord to pass His peaceful , merciful hand on her once again with healing power that can only come from our Lord. She is so fragile, loving , innocent and peaceful and needs His help noe so very much, thank you.

6. Embarrassing!

To the information gods, I'm a non-believer ( no of fence ) and I'm not sure on these questions for my essay. Because I don't uassally pay attention to religion classes as I don't believe. could anyone help me out plzz my questions I need to answer by Sunday are: why Christians have a responsibility to be stewards of the earth and why being stewards to the environment brings us closer to god. Thanx people I'm desperate and I dont want a Monday deto so plzzzzzz

7. Ashwin Anil

A saint should be like this! Each and every person is given a job be helpul and caring and god- fearing. St Francis has doubles the job by sacrificing his own life to the leapers , the sick and the poor

8. lucy brassington

I had to choose a saint name for my confiimation, and after hours of fruitless searching of
    saints who did not represent my views. i found st francis of assi, not only was this site VERY helpful for my saint assignment, I am now proud to have his name as my confirmation name !
    his love of animals definetly reflects mine

9. Robert Dufresne

Blessed St. Francis thank you for helping us pray to our Lord to restore the health of our little cat PJ, she is recoving well. Please continue to help me pray for her and watch over her, we love you and she thanks you too.

10. Julia

omg this was such a good site im studying to become a nun and this really helped me learn about him. thank you soooo much
    god bless all of you
    i will become a nun

11. Lian Lip Fang

By the Grace of God, I had the chance to browse through the net and am glad it reminds me of a very true happening in my life.
    I was leading a group of Malaysians to Italy many years ago and we stayed in a nice beautiful hotel which is just a stone throw from the Church of Asissi. That very morning I was waiting at the restaurant for my guests to come in for their breakfast and was going through the church bulletin.
    Then this young couple came in and he asked me who was the person on the front page. It's Saint Francis and after our breakfast we shall be visiting his church.
    Gosh!!! There was silence for awhile and soon he told me, you know, this early morning at about 4:00AM I was blinded by the brightness of light. It was so so so bright that I saw this Man standing beside me and I was so frightened that I shouted for my wife to wake up and to stay awake until now. God!!! It's that true!!! Well, then you must be the luckiest person to have seen Him just standing beside you. God bless you I said.
    Ladies and gentlemen I announced to the group. Am glad to inform you that our travelling mate has encountered something which you'll never believe. He saw Saint Francis and soon we will be at his church. Everyone was happy for him and his wife (newly wed) and there were others that just simply teased him...... so when we get to the church, you better light up the candles and say your prayers and stay there until we come to fetch you after our walk around the area. Diligently this couple knelt before St. Francis and true they were still there when we came back to pick them.
    It's been so long now since I wrote it down on words. I do not know if they are Christians or not after witnessing St. Francis but certainly it had made me a believer in Christianity as I now only started to walk towards to Christ.

12. loons

francis is awsome tottally my confirmation

13. john

Your site is wonderful.I am coming again for more intresting blogsā€¦..
    web development company uk
    | website designing pakistan

14. Florice

This is for Richard who wrote a month ago regarding his love for all animals but snakes--I hope you will take the time and effort, Richard, to go to a zoo or animal farm that will let you just touch a snake--or you could go to a pet shop that sells small snakes--ask to just touch--go slowly and realize that they are very smooth and cool--they are a wonderful animal and make excellent pets--I am a retired Kingergarten teacher and had snakes in the class room--those who were most afraid at the beginning of the year were the ones who wanted to take them home during holidays and summer-I hope you will try and over come your fear and enjoy theri beauty--

15. ortiz

I love you saint Francis you are in my home now Aman.

16. MarkyMark

man this saint is the BOMB!!!!!!!!

17. shannah

very good this is what name im chosing for my confirmation

18. shana

i love animals and this is what name im choosing for my conformation

P.S this website is the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU FOR MAKEING IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. stephanie

oh my gosh this is an amazing saint im sooo happy tht i choose him for my saint report :)

20. RICHARD TURAI

IM ALSO ANIMAL LOVER I LOVE ALL KINDS OF ANIMALS EXCEPT SNAKES AND HAVE FEAR OF THEM.CAN ANYONE SHARE WITH ME TO HAVE WISDOM NOT TO FEAR SNAKES.AND I LOVE JESUS WITH ALL MY HEART. GOD BLESS