St. Francis of Assisi Comments

Founder of the Franciscan Order, born at Assisi in Umbria, in 1181. In 1182, Pietro Bernardone returned from a trip to France to find out his wife had given birth to a son. Far from being excited or apologetic because he'd been gone, Pietro was furious because she'd had his new son baptized Giovanni after John the Baptist. The last thing Pietro wanted in his son was a man of God -- he wanted a man of business, a cloth merchant like he was, and ... Continue Reading

1. Janet

That was very good I just wish we knew more about other Saints. I enjoyed reading it.

2. Gail

Today, Oct. 4, is my birthday. I have a lot in common with this saint...lover of animals, patron saint of Colorado, etc....

3. raju james

after several years, to be precise 72 years, I found the treasure I was
    looking for..the story of a sinner turned saint, from riches to rags for
    the love of Christ. Beautiful!
    I will be translating this into Tamil and circulate among my parish community.

Raju James,
    Chennai, India.

4. Catholic

Saint Francis of Assisi, pray for us.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
    Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
    where there is injury,pardon;
    where there is doubt, faith;
    where there is despair, hope;
    where there is darkness, light;
    and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
    to be consoled as to console;
    to be understood as to understand;
    to be loved as to love.
    For it is in giving that we receive;
    it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
    and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

5. Cesar C.Cas

I am inspired by the life of St. Fransis of Asisi. Praise God.

6. Gillian

A very interesting story- one filled with everything we must endure on our Christian pilgrimage. The more things the more they remain the same.
    We give God thanks for calling persons like Francis whose lives are there as a true testimony to God's transforming power.

7. Janica =]

i love the story!! it helps a lot for our project. And it gave me important learnings about how to live our life for happiness and to serve God the fullest. =DD

8. teddy

takes foreva to read....was still good and had alot of info but for doing a bookmark for a patron saint, this is WAY 2 much to read for a 20 min project!!!

9. Eddy Lie

His live was very fantastic...... I like his story very much

10. Teck Lian

I am filled with humility and love reading the life of this great Saint. Thank you Holy Father for Saint Francis.

11. MARGIE

This is a great website to find out about the Saints. I was looking for information on The Feast of the Stigmata of Saint Francis. I was looking to confirm that Saint Francis of Assisi did have the stigmata. I learned something new; thank you! 9/16 was mentioned on another Catholic website as that Feast Day.

12. cosmo cramer

i go to a catholic school in kansas called st francis of assisi i am in 7th grade my real name is really cramer

13. Dianne

I am filled with joy at reading about St Francis-sooo inspirational-I love it-Thanks

14. HKL

this webey sitey isy
    GGGGRRREAAAAATTTTTTTT IM IN LOVE

15. ELIAS MOLAPONG

These is a real inspiration to Eli as the instrument of God.

16. melonie

im so glad he's my saint he is such an inspiration.

17. ebw

this was pretty good ! thanks ,

18. annmarie

Thank you so much for the information you provided, it was so helpful in learning about St. Francis. The saint in which my son was named after.

19. annmarie

Thank you so much for all this information on St. Francis, my son is named Francis the third, after his dad and his dad before him, I am grateful for the knowledge to impress upon my son, I wanted him to know these things and funny thing is, he is so much like his namesake........... he is so much more humble than the materialistic child he once was. Once again Thank You.

20. emmie

i love this website!!!!!!