Sts. Perpetua and Felicity Comments

With the lives of so many early martyrs shrouded in legend, we are fortunate to have the record of the courage of Perpetua and Felicity from the hand of Perpetua herself, her teacher Saturus, and others who knew them. This account, known as "The Martyrdom of Perpetua and Felicity," was so popular in the early centuries that it was read during liturgies. In the year 203, Vibia Perpetua made the decision to become a Christian, ... Continue Reading

1. richard lewis

these are amazing stories of courage and grace.

2. Annabell. Kent

Great info loved it! left out a few things but over all was very educational!! I'm using her for my confirmation saint!!

Annabell,
    Age 11

3. Felicity

I am so glad that now I can understand more, about Saints, and I try to do my best to follow their lives as much as I can, always with God's help. I give thanks to all who work and may God send His blessing to you all.

4. Daliso Ngwenya

I am very delighted that i have become part of the saint of the family as i know that this will definitely teach me a lot of things not only in the lives of saint but indeed my own.God bless all of you who work Catholic online.

5. maggie

there is another saint of the day st Amelia.

6. Riley Bearss

Hi I subscribed recently and may have been misinformed on what makes a saint a saint. I thought saints were people who lived their lives sin free. Now that I am further into the bible I realize even several of the people mentioned in there make mistakes. I guess only archangels live sin free lives. I suppose i,m asking you to inform me if I am able to become a saint and what makes a saint a saint? Is it just a heroic or memorable tale that follows our name that far through history? please respond.

7. William

Please develop a more concise way to share the Saint of the Day on FaceBook--even with a thumbnail graphic. I have so many times wished I could do this. What gets shared (extra content) is not clear and to the point.

8. phineas

hi i need the information of st felicity

9. Caroline

I chose Felicity many years go as my sponsoring saint for Confirmation. Her story along with Perpetua is inspiring for the time period. Their words are something I try to live by as a Christian.

10. perpetua shivoro

i need more information about perpetua

11. Sarah

This is one of the best documents on these two beautiful women I have ever read! Also, their story is incredibly inspiring. God bless you!

12. teacher

It is inspiring to me and we should try to be the best Christians!!!!!!!

13. Myra

In response to Mary II: Felicity most likely did not give up her child voluntarily. She would have been executed had she not been pregnant and so her innocent child was taken from her so that she could be made a martyr.

14. mary II

i am horrified that Felicity would voluntarily give up her child. giving up her own life for God is very inspiring. abandoning your child is not. her "comrades" should have realized that, and tried to talk some sense into her. however, i admire any who would give up their life for our beliefs.

15. shalonda

wow is all i got to say, im just glad im a christain! :)

16. mary

I am so impressed at their bravery and their love for Jesus. I don't know if I could do it. St. Perpetua and St. Felicity please pray for me and my family.

17. mary adjei (mrs)

How touching. These two martyrs/saints are really the saints for African women who have been separated from their children as a result of wars. Kindly let all those who visit this site say a Hail Mary to the mothers of Bawku in the Northern Region of Ghana, West Africa whose children were killed by barbaric men in a tribal conflict. God help us all. Amen