Sts. Perpetua and Felicity Comments

With the lives of so many early martyrs shrouded in legend, we are fortunate to have the record of the courage of Perpetua and Felicity from the hand of Perpetua herself, her teacher Saturus, and others who knew them. This account, known as "The Martyrdom of Perpetua and Felicity," was so popular in the early centuries that it was read during liturgies. In the year 203, Vibia Perpetua made the decision to become a Christian, ... Continue Reading

1. Kate

In the text is says that their feast day is March 6 or 7, but catholic.org directs you here from July 10 for their feast day. Which is correct?

2. Lara Iezzi

I converted from being a Protestant Christian to a Catholic a bit later in life, just a year and a half ago. I was (I think) 39, and my daughter had been through a heart transplant a couple of years prior. I spent a lot of time reading different stories of saints before choosing which saint would be my saint for conformation. This story really touched me, and I chose Felicity as my saint. After all I had been through with my daughter (though I didn't have to give her up, I did almost lose her) I just really seemed to identify with the pain she must have gone through to be separated from her child, yet was still in such awe of the sacrifice she made to follow through with her convictions to be a Christian. Both of them were such strong admirable women!

3. Mary Noel

I am so fascinated by the Life History of Sts. Perpetua and Felicity. I wish and pray that, one day I too will be a useful weapon for the LORD to plant FAITH, in the GLORIOUS HOLY MOTHER CHURCH, with the ZEAL of Sts. Perpetua and Felicity.

4. amanda

i lost my son at five months old so this prayer is awesome without knowing about saint felicitys story i named my daughter felicity and know i know the story the name means so much to me!!!

5. My Name is God

I thank you all for your comments.
    You are all intelegant people.
    The only reason the world did not end on the 21st of May is because i felt families and friends needed more time together before the great end.
    I am sorry to say but, the world WILL end on the 21st of December 2012.
    Please prepare for what is coming, only the people who have faith in God, will be taken into the new world.
    You do not have to be Christian, but you must believe in me and what i have taught you.
    In the name of the father, son and thy holy ghost,
    In the name of the one true lord,
    -God-

6. Robin

Thanks for encouraging me today by providing me with the story of these saints.

7. Kathy

Dear Saint Perpetua & Saint Felicity, I have just learned of your unimaginable story, your strength, your unyielding faith, your martyrdom. You who died such selfless, barbaric deaths in the name of our Lord and Savior...Praise God! I ask that you please pray to the Lord our God and Father, that my children and I be united in one true faith in Christ Jesus and His everlasting Love, Peace, and Heavenly Joy; and that Jesus Christ our Lord, through the Holy Euchrist become the Joy and cause for thanksgiving in our lives. Even though we, who are all adults, are not really physically separated; we are separed in our faith (and the lack of desire, lack of understanding, lack of commitment, lack of knowledge for some). This separation is unbearable! Thank you for your prayers and intercessions.

8. Therese Bundalian

Thank you for the in depth story of Sts. Perpetua and Felicity. My priest at St. Michaels Church, Fr. Dixie Bandico, shared with us today to "never surrender" (to despair or discouragement) and continue in our journey in what God has called us to do. There will be problems, but we must continue in our journey, just as Sts. Perpetua and Sts. Felicity. In all things, great and small, let us continue and do the best for God!

9. Ronald Willis

These two women have been part of my life for several years and I use their story in talks and classes. Thank you!!!!

10. Martin

Just the type of motivation one needs going into Lent.

A powerful and beautiful example of everlasting unbreakable faith in our lord.

God bless all.

11. Joseph Mathew

Dear Sts. Perpetua & Felicity, Please pray for us to be worthy of our existance, that we owe to God and to all those who cherished and nurtured us in that love!

12. Fr.Joseph santiago CMF

What a world and what a people. What a struggle and what a faith .What a frienship.Faith unites both noble and slave together. One cares for and with love. This is the beauty in their martyrdom...Truly I could see Jesus in them.St.Perpetua and St.Felicity ...Pray for us.

13. giggles

wow this story is amazing...im armenian and i wanted 2 check in the catholic faith. this is a great story. i cant believe girls would do something like this...be so strong. that was total girl power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol.

14. Felicity John

I have alweiz wishd 2 be like Felicity who is my patron saint & follow her steps 2 be a devote xtian & be a role model to many.Saint Felicity &Perpetua pray for me.

15. perpetua felicity

I chose both Perpetua and Felicity for my Confirmation saints!

16. Loving Christian

Every woman should become more like Perpetua. She was so high-spirited, strong, and loving. She reminds me of the lady in the new Disney movie Secretariat. Never giving up on the things she believes in.

17. joanne lancaster

I am an Independent Methodist here in the UK by choice. I was looking through Voice of the Martys email to me and came across Peroetua.

I looked her up through Google.
    I am so glad to have access to these historical records.
    I hope that others will come to know of people's martyrdom.
    How would we stand today if we were martyred for out Faith? I think not as bravely as these people. Shame on us.
    May God bless all who do suffer for their Faith in God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

18. Jimi Alanis

i hope all of the christians just drop dead jesus was a real person but need did all the thing that are said in the bible that he did so leave your faith and join a new one because this one is not true

19. innocent ozoaka

the lives of these greats are quite inspiring.my prayer is that God will make me a saint out the present day persecution which is indeference to our faith.

20. Korir

I am ready now to die for Jesus. I am inspired greatly. I wish it was me.