St. Rita of Cascia Comments

Augustiniannun, also called Margarita. She was born in Roccaporena, near Spoleto, Italy, in 1381, and expressed from an early age the desire to become a nun. Her elderly parents insisted that she be married at the age of twelve to a man described in accounts of her life as cruel and harsh. She spent eighteen extremely unhappy years, had two sons, and was finally widowed when her husband was killed in a brawl. Both sons also died, and Rita, still ... Continue Reading

1. Sherrie
    1 month ago

Thank you God, Saint Rita, and Saint Jude for the blessings you have given my family for the past 3 years. It sometimes seems hopeless and we are destined to go back to a place none of us want to go, but then miracles happen. The joy it brings to the children touches the soul. Thank you, and please continue to watch out for us because without your blessings we are lost.

2. Sarah
    3 months ago

Dear Saint Rita, special thanks on your feast day for your intercession in my illness in the last year and for the recent, albeit very difficult lesson. Please guide me in this difficult time and if it is meant for me, please intercede with my ongoing cross. Sarah

3. Elisa
    6 months ago

Salve, vorrei sapere se in portogallo ce una chiesa dedicata a santa rita,Grazie

4. Nancy
    6 months ago

O, Holy St. Rita, I thank you for answering one of my petitions, prayers for letting them renewing my Unemployment and my Social Services benefits. I now have money to buy food and to pay my bills. O, St. Rita, please answer my other petition, prayer to find a pernament job, and to stay there for a long time. Please St. Rita, please pray for me, for my petition, prayers to be answered.

5. Erick Opena
    7 months ago

I'm from Sydney and born/raised in the Philippines. Me and my friends are currently making a novena to St Rita de Cascia. I remember talking to my friends about St. Rita awhile back and that she is the Saint of the Impossible. I have not seen any novena to St Rita since I did my novena to her back in the 1980s. About three weeks ago, a novena prayer just appeared in our church and I thought it was a coincidence or St Rita perhaps was listening to us.

Anyway, we do pray the rosary and the St. Rita novena for two intentions:

1. That my friend and her family be allowed to stay in Australia for good. The Australian government has given them up to 26 February to return to the Philippines; however, they are a big part of our church community here.

2. My other friend is a nursing graduate but cannot register as a nurse because he failed the English test required by the Nursing Board. This Saturday is his third attempt and he is working hard to pass the English test. Being a nurse will allow him to support his family here in Australia and in the Philippines.

Please include these family in your prayers.

St. Rita de Cascia, pray for us.

6. ann
    7 months ago

DEAR ST RITA, PLEASE HELP ME AND MY FAMILY. PRAY FOR FAMILY MEMBERS WHO ARE ATHEISTS TO RETURN TO THE CHURC AND SACRAMENTS. FOR ALL FAMILY MEMBERS TO ACCEPT JESUS AS THEIR SAVIOR. FOR FINANCIAL FREEDOM AND GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT FOR ALL. HEWLING OF THE SICK. THANK YOU, ANN

7. Lmw
    7 months ago

St. Rita of Cassia and St. Jude,
    Thank you for hearing my prayer request. I thank you for interceding on my behalf for my husbands work situation. Help him to be able to decrease his stress. Thank you.

8. Belle
    7 months ago

Dear saint Rita,

. You have helped a great deal in changing the bitter cruel and envious heart of my future mother in law, and I ask you yet again for another petition. I ask that you heal my abused heart body mind and soul, and help.me to work hard to be healthy despite the negativity and jealousy from others that surrounds me. It is with your help that this is possible.

9. Terry and Anna Woodall
    8 months ago

Thank you Saint Rita for petitioning our Lord Jesus to help us in our time of need. Had we not sold out "unique" house, it's expense would have ultimately caused us financial ruin.
    We needed the Lord's intercession to send the one person who would see the same beauty as we had. You showed favor towards us and because of the love God has for you, they graciously led Mr. Kramer to our home in less than nine days of our petitioning you.
    We will bless you and sing praises to you Saint Rita for the remainder of our lives.

10. Mairin
    8 months ago

Dear Saint Rita,
    Thank you for helping my dear son to overcome his fears and also for helping with the daughter of a friend who is sick and thankfully improving. Help me to be good.

11. Oliver
    8 months ago

My Saint Rita, the saint of the impossible. I am going through a very difficult time in my life now, I have failed a CNA exam that needed me to get a job in USA. I be been in US for five months now and all my future depends on this exam. That is the only way I can survive here. Pls my saint of the impossibility come to my aid. Intercede before me onto the Lord Almighty to answer my prayers. Grant me success on this my second exams coming up by 14th Feb 2014. My Lord Jehovah I depend on you alone. Do not forsake me lh my lord. My dear saint of the impossible, you stood for me when I called on you in 2010 during my Nursing council exams in Nigeria, please come and save you son once again for this battle seems impossible for me. I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

12. val
    8 months ago

Oh Holy Saint Rita, please bring my soul mate back to me. A chemical imbalance and negative reinforcement from a mother should never tear the true love of two apart but it has. Help her mother see that she was wrong and i always treated her daughter right and do love her and she I, and please help my love to realize the feelings she felt were not completely true and we can fix anything together. Help her and light her way back to my heart and i to hers. It is a most desperate case for me as i can say nothing to help her see. Please, help me in my time of need. Help her and i to be as one again and help put us back together

13. val
    8 months ago

14. Chrissy
    8 months ago

Dear St. Rita of Cascia, please pray for the impossible situations in my family right now which include the need of healing from addictions, job for my brother Dan, financial help for my disabled brother Scott, the conversion of my husband Phil, healing for Lia and George. In the name of our Savior Jesus I pray. Thank you for all of your prayers.

15. Sarah
    8 months ago

Dear Saint Rita, thank you for listening, answering and above all providing me with comfort in 2013. You know, I felt most recently after helping with my health you had sent someone to me. It seems it was not to be and I struggle worse than ever now with the pain. Please help me to accept and understand and to find a way to bear what is meant for me. You have my continued trust. Sarah

16. marie
    9 months ago

I love you St Rita.

17. RH
    10 months ago

Thank you, St. Rita , for helping me in my hour of need, for showing me the writing on the wall in my life, and for revealing the path that I must take. Please help me in the next journey that I'm about to embark. Let the outcome be favorable for me & my family. In Jesus' name I pray.

18. Sarah
    10 months ago

This week I went to a local church that has a shrine to St Rita on the advice of my Great Aunt who who has a long standing faith in her work. I prayed for relief from a long standing personal grief and pain. Separately, at the back of my mind while I prayed, I considered the biopsy results I was due on a significant tumour I had removed earlier this month. That same night I dreamt that the biopsy was clear and the very next day the doctor confirmed the same. I am in deep gratitude to St Rita for this and want to share my story with others. I promise to keep my faith in her as I continue to pray for my request and to attend the church's feast day novena in May in gratitude.

19. serenemarine
    10 months ago

St. Rita thank you for the swift answer to my prayer for the healing of a impossible situation with my companion. You have never failed me and may your name be praised and honered forever and ever.

20. Liana
    10 months ago

My dearest Saint Rita of Cascia, I am going through a very difficult time in my life right now. I have been neglecting my family for some time now, however I realized that what I've been doing is wrong and I am changing my ways as family is everything. As days go by I get wiser and more knowledgeable and with your Christian values I have come to a realization that I must change, and that I vow to you. You give me hope St. Rita, your holy patroness. I beg you for forgiveness with my heart and my soul.
    St. Rita of Cascia, my boyfriend of over a year told me today he wants to break up because he cannot handle the pressure. I know this is karma St. Rita, for me neglecting my family. However my family and my boyfriend are my life. I cannot see myself without him St. Rita, I beg you please don't let him give up on me and our love. I know I deserve this because I haven't been the best to my family, however I am changing. I have realized my wrong doings and I am begging for your forgiveness. And I also beg you St. Rita, please let my boyfriend come to his senses. He always calls me his wife and always talks about us getting married and how excited he is. He gave me a promise ring a few months ago St. Rita, and that means the world to me, that's a sign of his commitment. Please my holy patroness, I beg you with every inch of my heart and my soul please forgive my wrong doings and please don't let him give up on our love. My family and my boyfriend are my everything St. Rita, I beg you take away anything else that I have, just please let my boyfriend come back to me and not throw away our love and what we have. I feel like i'm in a very dark place right now St. Rita, I know I am going to change, that I vow to you. I will spread your love, your name, your graciousness and your power everywhere that I can, in return I beg you for forgiveness and I beg you to bring my boyfriend back to me please St. Rita of Cascia, this I beg you with every part of my soul.

Thank you for your unconditional love. Always.
    Amen