St. Brigid of Ireland Comments

Brigid was probably born at Faughart near Dundalk, Louth, Ireland. Her parents were baptized by St. Patrick, with whom she developed a close friendship. According to legend, her father was Dubhthach, an Irish chieftain of Lienster, and her mother, Brocca, was a slave at his court. Even as a young girl she evinced an interest for a religious life and took the veil in her youth from St. Macaille at Croghan and probably was professed by St. Mel of ... Continue Reading

1. girl h

OMG SHE IS AWESOME

2. person

she's going to be my confirmation saint!!!

3. someone

i'm choosing her as my confirmation saint :)

4. Danielle S.

OMG! She's Awesome !

5. Amy

OMG i love st b. she is

6. lit

i love her

7. Ellie L

This is awesome! St Brigid is an inspiration. I am being confirmed at the end of the school holidays and all my friends are choosing saints like Mother Teresa and Mary Mackillop. St Brigid is really unique.

8. ann bridge

I am being Confirmed on Sunday 31st May and I am very proud to be taking the name of St Brigid. I would love to travel to Irealand to visit her Grave and learn more about her. 25 5 09

9. Molly <3

This is great! She was a true inspiration and she's Irish! I guess there are many reasons she is the name I'm choosing for Confirmation. I can't wait to learn more about here!

10. alicia b

just what i need in helping me find a saint for conformation and that her feast day is on my birthday makes it even better

11. bridget<3

thank you! finally a saint that's feast day is actually posted! i wish we could learn more though!

12. JCLuvR

love this website. it gave me everything i needed to know!!

13. adella sanderson

Love It!!!

14. adella sanderson

This is a very nice website!!!

15. azzir

nice!!!
    and dami q natutunan!!
    thankssssssss......

16. KAD

God Bless and prayers for my husband and family.