St. Elizabeth of Hungary Comments

St. Elizabeth was born in Hungary in 1207, the daughter of Alexander II, King of Hungary. At the age of four she was sent for education to the court of the Landgrave of Thuringia, to whose infant son she was betrothed. As she grew in age, her piety also increased by leaps and bounds. In 1221, she married Louis of Thuringia and in spite of her position at court began to lead an austerely simple life, practiced penance, and devoted herself to ... Continue Reading

1. Kat

Wow, im so happy that i chossen her for my confermation
    isnt she so inspiring
    i also like wat she is patron saint of

2. Meghan

i feel such a connection to this saint! i chose her for my confirmation name because i share her compassion and willingness to help the poor, and i had a brother who died at a young age, so this saint really speaks to me.

3. Alexandria

She died November 16 Midnight.

4. Shannon

It does not say what day she died

5. rachel

this saint rules

6. Alexandria

Today is my birthday and I got a statue of St. Elizabeth!! Yay!

7. jendy

super ganda

8. Patience

I chose St.Elizabeth of Hungary for my Confirmation name and project as she devoted herself to care for the poor until she died.

9. Alexandria

I figured out the answer. In case anyone wants to know he is also called Ludwig. Is her feast day November 17 or 19? Because I am writing a saint report for my Confirmation. I love her!!

10. Liz Katrina

i really need a saint forf my confirmation and i chose this woman :) i feel a connection and i really adore this person. this site is very helpful. need the info. thx a bunch :D

11. Nora

oh and Louis was her husband

12. Nora

i choose her because i feel very conected to her. she was a kind and loving saint and i love what she did for others. she gave up her own time to help the sick and the poor and that is why i admire her so much i chose her for my confirmation name

13. Alexandria

Is Louis, Elizabeth's husband, also called Ludwig?

14. felipa

Wow she is a great saint! im using her for my Confirmation name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Alexandria

I love this saint!! I'm going to pick her as my Confirmation saint too.

16. Dawn

The reason I chose St. Elizabeth of Hungary for my saint is because of what she went through with her husband's family after he died. I went through the same thing with my husband's family before and after my husband died. Except I wasn't stripped of my crown. But also because she cared for the sick. I work as a nurse aide @ a hospital.

17. leybold

thanck you so much ,I a'm doing a paper onher and I found it really helpful

18. lisa

this is a very good saint.im only 13 and i read all of this and think she is amzing.she died at age 24. she carred of the sick and everything.this is my saint name.my name is lisa........LISA ELIZABETH ....dont need to kno my last name :)

19. John

I'm afraid, there are small mistakes in the article about this wonderful saint. Her father was not Alexander (in Hungarian: Sandor) but Andrew (in Hungarian Andras or Endre, both forms are used). In Hungary her feast day is the 19th of November, not the 17th (see the first comment). I know, that in the Catholic Church the days of the saints are not necessarily the same in all countries.

20. Catherine

I chose St Elizabeth because my Grandpa was very sick and I started to pray to her for him!