St. Elizabeth of Hungary Comments

St. Elizabeth was born in Hungary in 1207, the daughter of Alexander II, King of Hungary. At the age of four she was sent for education to the court of the Landgrave of Thuringia, to whose infant son she was betrothed. As she grew in age, her piety also increased by leaps and bounds. In 1221, she married Louis of Thuringia and in spite of her position at court began to lead an austerely simple life, practiced penance, and devoted herself to ... Continue Reading

1. Kovacs Kati
    6 months ago

I am studying to be a tourist guide in Hungary right now and among others we have to know the saints of Hungary. Let me correct two things in the text: Saint Elizabeth of Hungary was the daughter of Andrew II (II Andras in Hungarian), King of Hungary (1176-1235) and Gertrud of Merania. Hungary did not have a king named Alexander.
    Among her symbols the roses must be mentioned! See the story of the miracle of roses in connection with her.

2. Savannah
    7 months ago

St. Elizabeth is a great example to us!

3. Taylor
    9 months ago

This article helped me a lot for my paper! Thanks so much! :)

4. Mo
    10 months ago

I think she will be my confirmation saint! So inspiring. A great book to read more on her beautiful marriage and life is; married saints and blesseds through out the centuries.

5. Madison C.
    10 months ago

St. Elizabeth of HUngary is so amazing! Im so glad I chose her as my confirmation name! Feel touched every time i read her story.

6. Karen Alvarez

I chose St Elizabeth as my confirmation name. She demonstrates a life that we should be leading. St Elizabeth PRAY FOR US!!!!

7. Kat

Her feast day is 17th November, my birthday!!

8. nancy mardo

When is St. Elizabeth of Hungary feast day?

9. Ashley

St.Elizabeth is a blessed an dnice saint thet help the needey,poor,young brides ,...... i hope i met her because she is a kind lady. also may god blesss her .

10. natalia

thank you christie for the help you give me why i want her to be my saint and the web sit for heping me on my paper im doing

11. teresa caponera

this is an awesome site!!!!!!! she reminds me of MEEEEEE!! hahhhahhahaaha im soooo funny this site issss sooooo awesome im telling my teacher about this. and im using this whenever i need to do a religon project!!!! THANK YOU WHOEVER MADE THUS SITE :) :) :) :) :) :) and im 12 years old

12. anonymous

this site is super helpful (: thanks so much (: <3

13. ABBY P.

she is going to be my confirmation Saint ya!!!!!

14. Janet Murphy

I graduated from St Elizaabeth High School in Oakland, CA. And take Her name for my SFO name, in 1996. I am very proud of it.

15. christie

St. Elizabeth of Hungary, sweet saint of the poor and suffering. I chose Elizabeth for my Confirmation, without knowing you, but now, I can claim you for myself, In hindsight I could not have chosen a more adorable and attractive saint. To think that a royal, a queen dressed herself simply, and gave food to the poor is such a touching image, never to be seen in today's world. I read that you were punished by the Court and stripped of your crown, for they thought that you were impoverishing their wealth. No doubt you were reinstated, but I am ashamed to think that altough I like to be charitable, I get quickly frustrated by negative comments or reactions to my word and work. Help me dear saint to receive the wonderful Grace of the Holy Spirit to be discerning and prudent in speech and behaviour. My ferour to you increased after my visit to you stunning capital city, Budapest, where in St Stephen's basilica there is a great devotion to you. Dear Saint help me to get an authentic answer, which I am waiting for, so that my charity donations will be send to the right person/authority. May it be used as for the most needy. Amen

16. CATHERINE K.

A wonderful young saint - Always pray for me

17. Carmen

thx this really helped for my conformatin paper :D <3

18. Megan

Wow! I'm reaserching her for a project, and her birthday is the same as mine, 7/7!!
    AND 7 is a holy number!!

19. rowena

i chose st.elizabet bez. i love her....i know the story of st.elizabeth . its our fmily nme when im schooling in the sister of mary school...........she devoted her self 2 the care of the poorest. naalala ko ng kumuha sia ng pagkain para sa mga ngu2tom,itinago nia un sa mlking damit nia upang hindi mkta ngunit siay nhuli at inalam kung anu ang dala nia.laking gulat ng itoy mkta...........ang mga pagkain na para sa ngu2tom naging isang npkrming bulak2.......npkabango n2.........

20. marissa