St. Rose of Lima Comments

Virgin, born at Lima, Peru 20 April, 1586; died there the 24 of August, 1617. St. Rose of Lima is the patroness of Latin America and the Philippines. This South American Saint's real name was Isabel, but she was such a beautiful baby that she was called Rose, and that name remained. As she grew older, she became more and more beautiful, and one day, her mother put a wreath of flowers on her head to show off her loveliness to friends. But Rose ... Continue Reading

1. barbara

I loved hearing abut St. Rose of Lima. St. Rose of Lima, please pray for my family in this time of need and intercede to our Lord.

2. MRS. G.J. WOLFE, ocds

St. Rose of Lime feast day is listed on our Liturgical Calenday for August 23rd, 2010 not on this day. Our parish is St. Rose of Lima and we celebrated her day Monday, August 23rd. There seems to be a mistake.

3. Monica McCready

Rubbing lye and pepper into her face! Obviously she was mentally ill all her life. Why do you glorify this type of behaviour and encourage young people to emulate it?

4. Lynne

Dear St Rose of Lima and Pope John Paul and Pope Clements
    Please pray for my darling mother who is in a coma due to greedy people to recover from the sickness - please St Rose od Lima keep her in God' and His saints care and help me to get justice for my mum and her sibblings before she goes to be with my dad and please help me with my sons and their families and a complete recovery from my accident and a justified settlement lynne

5. Joan

If Vatican II changed St. Rose's feast day from the 30th of August to the 23rd of Aug., then why doesn't Catholic Online comply with the Catholic Church and place St. Rose on Aug. 23rd? I believe St. Rose would feel better honored if you followed the magisterium of the Church; there are too many in leadership in our churches who failed to do just that and because of it the Catholic Church is in Crises today. St. Rose, please touch the heart of God's chosen people to respect and follow the Church's authority-we cannot play pick and chose when it comes to Church Teaching- our soul depends on it! God, Save Our Church.

6. Isabella

Just on Sunday the 22nd of August 2010 i did my confirmation.. i chose St rose and after our confirmation my class and i had to write an information report on the saint we chose.. after this website i am sooooo glad i chose St Rose... She is my role model forever.

7. Jackie

I pray to St. Rose I love her and all that she stands for. May the Lord be with her. Jackie

8. Marissa

i have this report to do for spainish on peru and were sappouse to find this famous person and do a speech on the person and i found st. rose of lima and the funny thing was that my religion techer was talking about her because today is her feast day

9. Sr.Rosily Cluny

Very good.Thank you

Sr.Rosily

10. john obinna

i'm greatly inspired by her ardent love for our lord. i pray for the grace to follow her path and humbly rely on her intercession.

11. Annabella

I am doing a report on her and this has helped me heaps!

12. Darby

This helps because I have to do a report on her! Thnx! Anybody have Ideas for a confirmation saint?

13. steph

im doing this saint for my confirmation she is the best

14. audrey

thank you so much it helped me alot during this project i was doing on st Rose of Lima! i even learned a few things!:)

15. Chloe

I think this is so very helpful! :) I'm only in 7th grade but looking for a confirmation saint i think she IS THE ONE!! it's perfect! praise to you lord Jesus Christ!! :) +

16. Bob

I have to do a report on a saint. I chose rose. I used this website and it was helpful.

17. Laura

this was helpful...im picking st rose as my confirmation name...im doing a small project on her..thnx this helped :)

18. Ruby

This site has been extremely helpful. i am glad it was here other wise i would not of been able to do my assignment

19. talah bevo

thanx so much i was wondering what saint i should have and now i know i will have St. Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Katie

She is so inspirational. I'm using her as my Confirmation saint. My middle name is Rose too!